Fabien's open letter to the community

General discussion about computer chess...
Chris Whittington

Re: Fabien's open letter to the community

Post by Chris Whittington » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:56 pm

hyatt wrote:
kingliveson wrote:
hyatt wrote:There are several reasons that some of us care, none of which are financial in nature.

(1) We have requirements for tournament participation. No derivative works allowed. Yet we have been sucker-punched with this for a few years now. There's little point in going back and voiding wins and titles as is often done in college athletics here in the US. But there is interest in correcting the overall record with respect to who did what.

(2) A chess program is a lot of work. It is _FAR_ easier to copy someone else's program and make a few changes and call that your own. There is an ethical component that some of us want to follow carefully.

(3) In academia, credit should always be given where it is due. In my code, you can certainly find who suggested what idea, for those that have made suggestions. One doesn't sneak in, copy an existing program, and then suddenly become a "peer". I (and most others) worked my way up, getting my brains beat out by Belle, Chess 4.x, and such, until I finally caught up to them with hard work and good hardware. There is a feeling of accomplishment one gets by doing things that way. And others respect you for expending the effort. Today it is more about instant gratification. Which is sad. Doping. HGH/steroids. Do things the easy way...
Rybka 1.0 is no longer officially competing. Is there anyone bold enough (if this continues to be an issue) to bring it up to the ICGA when Rybka 4 or later versions tries to enter?

This was why I asked what the ultimate end game was. While Kevin's response to the matter argues for fairness and fairplay, you argue from an integrity stance.

We've been arguing about this matter now for over 3 years to no resolute. At what point do we say it's time to move on...

I would not want to see Rybka banned from ICGA events. The reason? In 1989 I really did not want to go to the WCCC event. I had no doubt who was going to win (deep thought) and the trip to Canada was fairly expensive and at a bad time. But I went because I had won the past 2 WCCC events and felt that it was necessary to show up so that if DT won, it would have won in a tournament where we participated, so that there would be none of the "They might not have won had the Cray T90 played...". Rybka is currently the best, based on tournaments, I'd hate to see it be forced to step aside so that tournaments beyond that point alway would have an * beside the winner's name.

That being said, it would be nice to at least close the issue on where it came from. I would be perfectly happy if Fabien/Vas simply wrote "Yes, Rybka is substantially a copy of fruit, with 5 years worth of changes. Fruit is not going to participate in future events, and we agree that Rybka will therefore be allowed as the successor to fruit." Then all is clean, everyone knows where it came from, and we can move on. I doubt that will happen, but it would represent a clean closure of the issue.
I find it a bit rich when the witchfinder in chief, responsible for use of very agressive and violent language against VR which effectively set the tone for the thugs of talkchess to continue the libels and hate, calls for "closure".

Best would be for Bob to apologise for his intemperate use of language and muck stirring in a case he now realises he has no ability to make any proof and could not win.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:06 pm

hyatt wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
hyatt wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Uly wrote:
What is the 'bomb'? I only see Fabien agreeing with Hyatt that 'If [he does] _exactly_ the same thing [in mailbox], because [he copies] the code and then adapt[s] it to bitboard, [he doesn't] call that "original"'.
Hyatt is doing a cheat argument when he talks about mailbox/bitboard conversions.
What on earth are you talking about. The continual claim here is that Rybka is bitboards, fruit is not, they can't be the same. The conversion from mailbox to bitboard is too difficult. The conversion _I_ did in 1994 was _exactly_ this. I wanted to start to work on a bitboard engine. I took Cray Blitz, ran it thru a FORTRAN-to-C compiler, and cleaned that up. I then started to convert the thing to bitboards. And over time, I rewrote substantial parts as I wanted to use a recursive search rather than the iterated version we had in Cray Blitz. But the original conversion did not change the entire program. Search was unchanged. Move ordering and move selection code was unchanged. Code to deal with extensions, with hashing, etc were all unchanged. Parts of the move generator were changed since the board representation was altered, but this was not a huge effort. The eval was the most difficult, but I found it changed a good bit syntactically, but _not_ semantically. One continues to evaluate the same things, using the same weights, but using different comparisons and such.

That is a derivative work, period. Using bitboards to justify rybka 1 is pretty disingenuous, IMHO. It is an argument no person actually doing chess programming will consider for a minute. How many changed from an 8x8 board, to something else, to 0x88? New programs? Hardly. The better the programmer, the easier that is to do in fact...

Hyatt refers to his own conversion of Cray Blitz to Whatever (I forget the name) and calls the conversion copying.
In this case Hyatt wants to "copy" the original, perhaps with some additions optimisations along the way.

But the argument is about person A "copying" person B's program, "using ideas" from B's program.
In this case A does *not* want to "copy" the original, and he will definitely want his own ideas in there as well.
Only problem is, more than "ideas" were copied. Blocks of code were copied. And hand-waving is not going to make that go away anytime soon it would appear. Particularly now that Fabien has stepped into the discussion.

The act of wanting/not wanting to "copy" makes all the difference. Maybe by clean room, maybe by making a spec, maybe by total data structure change, certainly by using the *ideas* and not the code.
Bunch of nonsense. You either copy or you don't. Copying without wanting to copy, not copying but wanting to copy? All crapola.

Hyatt's attempt to use his own experience as a universal template is invalid in the context.
However, everything you wrote is nonsensical and irrelevant in any context...
The usual fatuous Hyatt response "in Crafty I did blah blah" and that's supposed to be the definitive only way anything can ever happen because High Priest Hyatt did it first (allegedly).
I cite what _I_ did. Which is a lot better than trying to cite what _others_ 'might have done' without knowing. Something you ought to consider trying from time to time.

Well, Bob, you're not the only person to have made a bitboard conversion, I did one too from CSTal2 to CSTal3 (unpublished), as have many others, it was basically a re-write using the ideas of bitboard and the ideas of speculative CSTal, so that gives us three pathways, as opposed to the ONLY ONE HYATT WAY for everything

1. Own programmer makes the copy/conversion trying to be as true to the original as possible. We can call that a copy, perhaps, and that's what you more or less claim you did with Crafty.
Which was exactly what I did, of course, and was exactly what I stated.

2. Own programmer re-writes using ideas (a spec basically) and doesn't care either way whether he uses or resuses his old code in the process
What does this have to do with anything? Did you not reuse _any_ pre-bitboard code? Of course you did, which is the exact argument being discussed in the fruit/rybka case.

3. A different programmer writes his own material having studied and taken ideas from some open source. In this case he would care very much NOT to reuse code and to make each and any idea implentation as different as possible. That's not a copy.
Except that there _is_ copied code from fruit, so this pig won't fly. Your basic premise has already been violated (very much NOT to reuse code...) The argument has been that rybka used bitboards, fruit did not, so that it would be impossible to copy code. That is pure nonsense. Search won't change. move ordering won't change. hashing won't change. book code won't change. learning code won't change. move selection code won't change. Overall eval structure and values won't change. Etc. This argument fails the most basic "stink test". And here you are _guessing_ what happened. Ignoring the similar program structure that would not happen if you started over from the "specs" which exist for no chess program I have ever seen, by the way. So how about stopping with the arguments that don't hold water, which don't pass a basic "stink test" and which clearly are at odds with observed facts and past experience. Again, did you rewrite everything in your conversion to bitboards? I certainly did not. And Crafty today doesn't look much like the released CB source, although you might recognize the basic chess program overall structure, the search output (which is identical by the way), and other ideas. Over 15 years the code has been modified, and re-modified, yet there are still blocks of code that will match up well with Cray Blitz, when you factor in bitboards vs mailbox...

One-way Hyatt seems stuck on the idea that 1. is the only way whereas 3. fits to the Rybka evidence so far. For example use of bitboards which numbers of programmers are telling you is a very non-trivial change and practically impossible line by line. In fact the only reason for trying a line by line approach (maddenly difficult, parallel to line by line converting a Newtonian paradigm to an Einsteinian one and missing completely the need for a new way of thought) would be to try and get a fully faithful exact replica of the old program, which, if all you want is the *idea*, is pointless.
Look up "Occam's razor". Then come back. The simplest explanation fits the observed facts. none of your speculative hand-waving fits anything remotely similar to what we have seen so far. So which explanation seems most reasonable? Again, re: Occam's razor for help.

I believe my "one-way" thought process works pretty well. As opposed to trying to find the most indirect route between two points, convoluting the reasoning, and adding things no rational programmer would do. Again, Occam's razor applies.
Perhaps you should look up your old posts when you claiming (falsely imo) to be the inventor of bitboards. You claimed then, I recall from memory and also agree, that bitboards force a whole new way of thinking about chess programming - a new paradigm of board representation, different easier ways to do stuff that just don't arise with mailbox etc etc. Now you claim line by line translation capability from mailbox to bitboard - well, bollocks. And bollocks to your claim that everybody else does it YOUR way.

Very hypocritical to be bigging yourself up about new paradigm bitboard programming then when it suited you and claiming line-by-line equivalence now when it suits you.

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:08 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
hyatt wrote:
kingliveson wrote:
hyatt wrote:There are several reasons that some of us care, none of which are financial in nature.

(1) We have requirements for tournament participation. No derivative works allowed. Yet we have been sucker-punched with this for a few years now. There's little point in going back and voiding wins and titles as is often done in college athletics here in the US. But there is interest in correcting the overall record with respect to who did what.

(2) A chess program is a lot of work. It is _FAR_ easier to copy someone else's program and make a few changes and call that your own. There is an ethical component that some of us want to follow carefully.

(3) In academia, credit should always be given where it is due. In my code, you can certainly find who suggested what idea, for those that have made suggestions. One doesn't sneak in, copy an existing program, and then suddenly become a "peer". I (and most others) worked my way up, getting my brains beat out by Belle, Chess 4.x, and such, until I finally caught up to them with hard work and good hardware. There is a feeling of accomplishment one gets by doing things that way. And others respect you for expending the effort. Today it is more about instant gratification. Which is sad. Doping. HGH/steroids. Do things the easy way...
Rybka 1.0 is no longer officially competing. Is there anyone bold enough (if this continues to be an issue) to bring it up to the ICGA when Rybka 4 or later versions tries to enter?

This was why I asked what the ultimate end game was. While Kevin's response to the matter argues for fairness and fairplay, you argue from an integrity stance.

We've been arguing about this matter now for over 3 years to no resolute. At what point do we say it's time to move on...

I would not want to see Rybka banned from ICGA events. The reason? In 1989 I really did not want to go to the WCCC event. I had no doubt who was going to win (deep thought) and the trip to Canada was fairly expensive and at a bad time. But I went because I had won the past 2 WCCC events and felt that it was necessary to show up so that if DT won, it would have won in a tournament where we participated, so that there would be none of the "They might not have won had the Cray T90 played...". Rybka is currently the best, based on tournaments, I'd hate to see it be forced to step aside so that tournaments beyond that point alway would have an * beside the winner's name.

That being said, it would be nice to at least close the issue on where it came from. I would be perfectly happy if Fabien/Vas simply wrote "Yes, Rybka is substantially a copy of fruit, with 5 years worth of changes. Fruit is not going to participate in future events, and we agree that Rybka will therefore be allowed as the successor to fruit." Then all is clean, everyone knows where it came from, and we can move on. I doubt that will happen, but it would represent a clean closure of the issue.
I find it a bit rich when the witchfinder in chief, responsible for use of very agressive and violent language against VR which effectively set the tone for the thugs of talkchess to continue the libels and hate, calls for "closure".

Best would be for Bob to apologise for his intemperate use of language and muck stirring in a case he now realises he has no ability to make any proof and could not win.

Best would be for you to simply butt out, since you offer nothing at all except for ridiculous interpretations and "might-have-beens". However, Fabien seems to be a bit miffed by this. He might make some unpleasant waves in this fiasco. Vas copied code. That's all there is to it. To say anything else requires ignoring a ton of evidence that too many have looked at to pretend it doesn't exist. If you want to continue to hand-wave this away, and propose ridiculous explanations of what might possibly have happened, feel free. But one doesn't write identical algorithms of the size found in Fruit/Rybka 1. It just doesn't happen. Nobody with any CS background would even argue that point of view...

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
hyatt wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
hyatt wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Uly wrote:
What is the 'bomb'? I only see Fabien agreeing with Hyatt that 'If [he does] _exactly_ the same thing [in mailbox], because [he copies] the code and then adapt[s] it to bitboard, [he doesn't] call that "original"'.
Hyatt is doing a cheat argument when he talks about mailbox/bitboard conversions.
What on earth are you talking about. The continual claim here is that Rybka is bitboards, fruit is not, they can't be the same. The conversion from mailbox to bitboard is too difficult. The conversion _I_ did in 1994 was _exactly_ this. I wanted to start to work on a bitboard engine. I took Cray Blitz, ran it thru a FORTRAN-to-C compiler, and cleaned that up. I then started to convert the thing to bitboards. And over time, I rewrote substantial parts as I wanted to use a recursive search rather than the iterated version we had in Cray Blitz. But the original conversion did not change the entire program. Search was unchanged. Move ordering and move selection code was unchanged. Code to deal with extensions, with hashing, etc were all unchanged. Parts of the move generator were changed since the board representation was altered, but this was not a huge effort. The eval was the most difficult, but I found it changed a good bit syntactically, but _not_ semantically. One continues to evaluate the same things, using the same weights, but using different comparisons and such.

That is a derivative work, period. Using bitboards to justify rybka 1 is pretty disingenuous, IMHO. It is an argument no person actually doing chess programming will consider for a minute. How many changed from an 8x8 board, to something else, to 0x88? New programs? Hardly. The better the programmer, the easier that is to do in fact...

Hyatt refers to his own conversion of Cray Blitz to Whatever (I forget the name) and calls the conversion copying.
In this case Hyatt wants to "copy" the original, perhaps with some additions optimisations along the way.

But the argument is about person A "copying" person B's program, "using ideas" from B's program.
In this case A does *not* want to "copy" the original, and he will definitely want his own ideas in there as well.
Only problem is, more than "ideas" were copied. Blocks of code were copied. And hand-waving is not going to make that go away anytime soon it would appear. Particularly now that Fabien has stepped into the discussion.

The act of wanting/not wanting to "copy" makes all the difference. Maybe by clean room, maybe by making a spec, maybe by total data structure change, certainly by using the *ideas* and not the code.
Bunch of nonsense. You either copy or you don't. Copying without wanting to copy, not copying but wanting to copy? All crapola.

Hyatt's attempt to use his own experience as a universal template is invalid in the context.
However, everything you wrote is nonsensical and irrelevant in any context...
The usual fatuous Hyatt response "in Crafty I did blah blah" and that's supposed to be the definitive only way anything can ever happen because High Priest Hyatt did it first (allegedly).
I cite what _I_ did. Which is a lot better than trying to cite what _others_ 'might have done' without knowing. Something you ought to consider trying from time to time.

Well, Bob, you're not the only person to have made a bitboard conversion, I did one too from CSTal2 to CSTal3 (unpublished), as have many others, it was basically a re-write using the ideas of bitboard and the ideas of speculative CSTal, so that gives us three pathways, as opposed to the ONLY ONE HYATT WAY for everything

1. Own programmer makes the copy/conversion trying to be as true to the original as possible. We can call that a copy, perhaps, and that's what you more or less claim you did with Crafty.
Which was exactly what I did, of course, and was exactly what I stated.

2. Own programmer re-writes using ideas (a spec basically) and doesn't care either way whether he uses or resuses his old code in the process
What does this have to do with anything? Did you not reuse _any_ pre-bitboard code? Of course you did, which is the exact argument being discussed in the fruit/rybka case.

3. A different programmer writes his own material having studied and taken ideas from some open source. In this case he would care very much NOT to reuse code and to make each and any idea implentation as different as possible. That's not a copy.
Except that there _is_ copied code from fruit, so this pig won't fly. Your basic premise has already been violated (very much NOT to reuse code...) The argument has been that rybka used bitboards, fruit did not, so that it would be impossible to copy code. That is pure nonsense. Search won't change. move ordering won't change. hashing won't change. book code won't change. learning code won't change. move selection code won't change. Overall eval structure and values won't change. Etc. This argument fails the most basic "stink test". And here you are _guessing_ what happened. Ignoring the similar program structure that would not happen if you started over from the "specs" which exist for no chess program I have ever seen, by the way. So how about stopping with the arguments that don't hold water, which don't pass a basic "stink test" and which clearly are at odds with observed facts and past experience. Again, did you rewrite everything in your conversion to bitboards? I certainly did not. And Crafty today doesn't look much like the released CB source, although you might recognize the basic chess program overall structure, the search output (which is identical by the way), and other ideas. Over 15 years the code has been modified, and re-modified, yet there are still blocks of code that will match up well with Cray Blitz, when you factor in bitboards vs mailbox...

One-way Hyatt seems stuck on the idea that 1. is the only way whereas 3. fits to the Rybka evidence so far. For example use of bitboards which numbers of programmers are telling you is a very non-trivial change and practically impossible line by line. In fact the only reason for trying a line by line approach (maddenly difficult, parallel to line by line converting a Newtonian paradigm to an Einsteinian one and missing completely the need for a new way of thought) would be to try and get a fully faithful exact replica of the old program, which, if all you want is the *idea*, is pointless.
Look up "Occam's razor". Then come back. The simplest explanation fits the observed facts. none of your speculative hand-waving fits anything remotely similar to what we have seen so far. So which explanation seems most reasonable? Again, re: Occam's razor for help.

I believe my "one-way" thought process works pretty well. As opposed to trying to find the most indirect route between two points, convoluting the reasoning, and adding things no rational programmer would do. Again, Occam's razor applies.
Perhaps you should look up your old posts when you claiming (falsely imo) to be the inventor of bitboards.
Feel free to quote such a claim. I have only claimed to have invented "rotated bitboards". So, once again, false statements are the only to proceed in an argument where you don't have a leg to stand on. But in any case, please cite _any_ post I have ever written where I claimed to invent bitboards. That goes to a tie between Donskoy, et. al. in Kaissa and Slate/Atkin in chess 4.0. And I have _never_ claimed otherwise.

You claimed then, I recall from memory and also agree, that bitboards force a whole new way of thinking about chess programming - a new paradigm of board representation, different easier ways to do stuff that just don't arise with mailbox etc etc. Now you claim line by line translation capability from mailbox to bitboard - well, bollocks. And bollocks to your claim that everybody else does it YOUR way.
I did not claim "line by line translation". That is _your_ hyperbole. I claimed that one can take a chess program component (move generator, evaluator, etc) and translate directly from mailbox to bitboard or vice-versa, and keep the _same_ structure, _same_ values_ and produce the _same_ final evaluation numbers. And that is not "original or rewritten" code, It is simply a derivative, as in "derived from". This is no more an original work than the first version of Crafty with parallel search was original, it was based on the previous version where I had to collect everything into a structure and pass a pointer around. Major changes. But a derivative of the previous version. This is _not_ rocket science. So stop with the obviously false statements, relying on your memory with respect to what you _think_ I have written, etc.

Very hypocritical to be bigging yourself up about new paradigm bitboard programming then when it suited you and claiming line-by-line equivalence now when it suits you.
That statement is meaningless. I have not claimed "line by line equivalence". I have not "bigged myself up". And I have not been hypocritical. That seems to be more in your balywick. But there is no need to rehash your attempts to rewrite history with respect to CCC and Rolf... I suppose you will continue to distort and fabricate however... Most see this for what it is.

BTW, even though you claim to have ported to bitboards, one might wonder if you copied anything, since you protest so strongly about the Fruit/Rybka issue??? An intelligent person would realize bitboards offer nothing new in terms of capabililties. They offer advantages in terms of speed here and there. The "new paradigm" crap is your words, not mine. I don't consider something developed in the early 70's to be "a new paradigm" at all. Just an "interesting one" that has characteristics that I thought would be useful, so I elected to "make the change". One can do that without completely rewriting the program, if, of course, one knows what they are doing and are worth a damn as a programmer. Whether you fit into that category or not is unknown, but based on your comments, either you don't, or you enjoy distorting facts to fit your agenda, whatever that might be.

orgfert

Post by orgfert » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:I find it a bit rich when the witchfinder in chief, responsible for use of very agressive and violent language against VR which effectively set the tone for the thugs of talkchess to continue the libels and hate, calls for "closure".
How did Bob set the tone when the tone was pro-VR and anti-robbo/ippo? The only tone that upsets you is that expressed against programmers implicated in copying significant portions of open sources.
Chris Whittington wrote:Best would be for Bob to apologise for his intemperate use of language and muck stirring in a case he now realises he has no ability to make any proof and could not win.
You don't hide your anti-FSF opinions or your disdain for anyone upset about suspected raiding of GPL'd or other open sourced code for gain. Maybe you justify it as a defense of human nature. E.g., after all one cannot expect to pile up gold bricks in the street and they remain un-absconded. It is foolish to entrust the safety of something of value to human good will which is a kind of sin in itself, exposing human weakness to the temptation of taking that which is so carelessly protected.

This begs the question: Would you have any qualms about incorporating open sources in your own projects?

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:40 am

Chris Whittington wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Uly wrote:

Whittington, compared to Dr. Hyatt you're a hack and unlike Dr. Hyatt have no concept of integrity.
AFAIC, all the clones, derivitives and Rybka should be flushed to sea.
Terry, the reason talkchess tolerates your spitting oneliners, idiocies and pointless contributions is, in general, that they recognise you have mental health problems. They throw you out from time to time, as now, hence you bring your problems here, but appear to relent, often, as I learnt when moderating, after listening to your private message whingeing and cringeing about how you'll never do it again, promise, pretty please etc. etc. All to be subsequently broken by yet more mentally unbalanced rudenesses and so the cycle goes on. The amusing part is that moderation is deluged by you more than anyone else with fatuous complaints when you are actually the main problem. A typical compliant from you might read "!!!!!!!!!! ban him" or "troll!!!!!!" I suppose you can be grateful to a general level of humanity that you don't get filed to the same place as your complaints and your posts, namely the wastebin.
The only libelous idiot with serious metal health issues is Chris Whittington and you have effectively been flushed down the sewer with your own kind of vermin. And yes, I played a key role to neutralize your position in CCC/CTF.

The only whinging and cringing appears to come from you and your delusional imagination. You wouldn't recognise the truth if it grabbed you by the throat which many would love to do.

You really hate it when you're in someone else's shadow and that's why you fight with Dr. Hyatt. Also Bruce Moreland among others to give your fragile narcissistic ego a boost. Only you with your delusions of grandeur believe you're right and everyone else can see right through your transparent persona. BTW, your avatar does suit your twisted and malicious personality.

If you cry about this, then never throw a punch you can't handle you milquetoast ex-computer chess programmer.

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Terry McCracken wrote: The only libelous idiot with serious metal health issues is Chris Whittington and you have effectively been flushed down the sewer with your own kind of vermin. And yes, I played a key role to neutralize your position in CCC/CTF.
McCracken neutralized ChrisW at CCC, please explain?!
Terry McCracken wrote:The only whinging and cringing appears to come from you and your delusional imagination. You wouldn't recognise the truth if it grabbed you by the throat which many would love to do.
McCracken, is not it against the law to threaten people even on the Internet?
Terry McCracken wrote:You really hate it when you're in someone else's shadow and that's why you fight with Dr. Hyatt.
ChrisW is in Hyatt's shadow? Please explain!
Terry McCracken wrote:Also Bruce Moreland among others to give your fragile narcissistic ego a boost. Only you with your delusions of grandeur believe you're right and everyone else can see right through your transparent persona. BTW, your avatar does suit your twisted and malicious personality.
Did McCracken swallow some angry pills today?!
Terry McCracken wrote:If you cry about this, then never throw a punch you can't handle you milquetoast ex-computer chess programmer.
Can someone decipher this statement for me.

Thank you,

Sean

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:35 pm

Sean Evans wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: The only libelous idiot with serious metal health issues is Chris Whittington and you have effectively been flushed down the sewer with your own kind of vermin. And yes, I played a key role to neutralize your position in CCC/CTF.
McCracken neutralized ChrisW at CCC, please explain?!
Terry McCracken wrote:The only whinging and cringing appears to come from you and your delusional imagination. You wouldn't recognise the truth if it grabbed you by the throat which many would love to do.
McCracken, is not it against the law to threaten people even on the Internet?
Terry McCracken wrote:You really hate it when you're in someone else's shadow and that's why you fight with Dr. Hyatt.
ChrisW is in Hyatt's shadow? Please explain!
Terry McCracken wrote:Also Bruce Moreland among others to give your fragile narcissistic ego a boost. Only you with your delusions of grandeur believe you're right and everyone else can see right through your transparent persona. BTW, your avatar does suit your twisted and malicious personality.
Did McCracken swallow some angry pills today?!
Terry McCracken wrote:If you cry about this, then never throw a punch you can't handle you milquetoast ex-computer chess programmer.
Can someone decipher this statement for me.

Thank you,

Sean

Sean are you an unintelligent illiterate? This has nothing to do with you but psychopaths on the internet jump in with both feet and there are several it seems on these computer chess forums.

I don't have to explain anything to the likes of you. Your avatar befits you as well.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:53 pm

Hey grumpy old men,

Stop it.

Thank you,
Jeremy

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:38 pm

Terry McCracken wrote: Sean are you an unintelligent illiterate?
I see, so if I am reading your posts and forming response sentences with appropriate grammar does that not defeat your illiterate argument?
Terry McCracken wrote:This has nothing to do with you but psychopaths on the internet jump in with both feet and there are several it seems on these computer chess forums.
I see, so you have decided who can and who cannot participate on OpenChess?!
Terry McCracken wrote:I don't have to explain anything to the likes of you.
That is certainly your prerogative; however, if you make posts without sufficient information and support, it defeats your whole argument.
Terry McCracken wrote:Your avatar befits you as well.
Thank you,

Sean Evans