Stockfish 2.0 GTB

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Peter C

Re: Stockfish 2.0 GTB

Post by Peter C » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:35 pm

Yes, I'll be doing a Stockfish 2.0.1 GTB today or tomorrow. If I'm feeling lucky I might implement tbhits as well.

Also I'll either fix or remove the ProbeOnlyAtRoot problem (currently it doesn't work).

Peter

Ron Murawski

Post by Ron Murawski » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 am

64x wrote:
Ron Murawski wrote:WPG System 64
http://www.horizonchess.com/wpg64/
Thank you very much for this. Had been looking for a portable 64bit C/C++ environment for a long while. Is this project still active?
I'm glad you like it. I believe that this is the best gcc-based package out there that runs on Windows and produces Win32 or Win64 binaries. All libraries are, by default, statically linked so there's never a missing dll to worry about and, unlike Cygwin, there's no runtime dll required. It's not really portable because it *must* be located in C:\msys because the paths are hardwired.

And, sadly, the project is no longer active. The WPG64 creator, xenofears, seems to have lost interest. I am not a Linux guy so doing the rebuilding for updated versions of all the various packages is beyond my ability. But I suspect that a knowledgeable Linux guy could update his own WPG64 environment without any troubles.

For me, I simply run the shortcuts in C:\msys to run CodeBlocks or CodeLite IDEs, both of which are pre-configured to create Win64 binaries.

Ron

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:48 pm

Ron Murawski wrote:
64x wrote:
Ron Murawski wrote:WPG System 64
http://www.horizonchess.com/wpg64/
Thank you very much for this. Had been looking for a portable 64bit C/C++ environment for a long while. Is this project still active?
I'm glad you like it. I believe that this is the best gcc-based package out there that runs on Windows and produces Win32 or Win64 binaries. All libraries are, by default, statically linked so there's never a missing dll to worry about and, unlike Cygwin, there's no runtime dll required. It's not really portable because it *must* be located in C:\msys because the paths are hardwired.

And, sadly, the project is no longer active. The WPG64 creator, xenofears, seems to have lost interest. I am not a Linux guy so doing the rebuilding for updated versions of all the various packages is beyond my ability. But I suspect that a knowledgeable Linux guy could update his own WPG64 environment without any troubles.

For me, I simply run the shortcuts in C:\msys to run CodeBlocks or CodeLite IDEs, both of which are pre-configured to create Win64 binaries.

Ron

Only issue is getting pthread working for x64...
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

64x

Post by 64x » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:15 am

Out of curiosity, do you compile with VC++? If so which version?

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:30 am

64x wrote:
Out of curiosity, do you compile with VC++? If so which version?
The pthread issue seems resolved though there are a couple other issues...anyways, VS2008, but recently switched to VS2010. Also looking to test SUA.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:29 pm

Also looking to test SUA.
You have to love Microsoft. Back to Cygwin and MinGW as Win7 Pro cant run SUA -- Ultimate or Enterprise is needed. Would it even be worth spending time trying to make it "compatible!?"

64x

Post by 64x » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:23 am

When I need to produce linux binaries I just run a VM with an up to date live distro...