"An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board"

General discussion about computer chess...
Chris Whittington

Re: "An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board"

Post by Chris Whittington » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:48 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: lol Thor so I write the Junior Licence that is funny.
no. but you support stuff like this. you even call for the police
(amir ban / David Levy, Mark Uniacke) because they banned you
from leiden-tournament. so it seems there is a connection
between you and them, isn't it ?
laughable Thor. There would have been no need to call anyone if Cock had just said sorry for stealing a product you are involved with selling. We gave him a free copy 2 days after the dinner on the 3rd day he banned me.

always the same line from the blackmailer, "it's the victims fault, he didn't do what I demanded, so I carried out my threat"
What threat. At the point a free version was given to Cock the story was private. I was unaware that any ban was being discussed. So it must be in your alternate reality. Is this forum a front for LSD sales?
A chav like you ought to be able to find a dealer on the council estate called home, no?

The threat with which you blackmailed Cock was carried out on HIARCS forum, safely for you, since you control things there; it was to name him if he didn't do what you wanted. Later you named him.

Blackmail is the act of threatening to reveal substantially true information about a person to the public, a family member, or associates unless a demand is met. This information is usually of an embarrassing, socially damaging, and/or incriminating nature.

You threatened to reveal information about Cock.
The information was embarrassing/damaging/incriminating.
The demand to be met was that you were unbanned.

All the legal criteria for blackmail are met. Therefore you are a blackmailer.

btw I posted the letter on the CSVN forum as well - don't think I control that :)
But you are a blackmailer.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:
laughable Thor. There would have been no need to call anyone if Cock had just said sorry for stealing a product you are involved with selling. We gave him a free copy 2 days after the dinner on the 3rd day he banned me.

always the same line from the blackmailer, "it's the victims fault, he didn't do what I demanded, so I carried out my threat"
What threat. At the point a free version was given to Cock the story was private. I was unaware that any ban was being discussed. So it must be in your alternate reality. Is this forum a front for LSD sales?
A chav like you ought to be able to find a dealer on the council estate called home, no?

The threat with which you blackmailed Cock was carried out on HIARCS forum, safely for you, since you control things there; it was to name him if he didn't do what you wanted. Later you named him.

Blackmail is the act of threatening to reveal substantially true information about a person to the public, a family member, or associates unless a demand is met. This information is usually of an embarrassing, socially damaging, and/or incriminating nature.

btw I posted the letter on the CSVN forum as well - don't think I control that :)
The only crime commited was the one that started this incident. But hey you can say whatever you like this is open chess.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:

The only crime commited was the one that started this incident. But hey you can say whatever you like this is open chess.

stubborn in the full face of the facts, I repeat, first the legal definition of blackmail, then the data relating in your case ....

The information was embarrassing/damaging/incriminating[/b)
The demand to be met was that you were unbanned. Edit/ actually this was the original demand, but when it was met by CSVN unbanning you, you upped the stakes to demand that he apologise for banning you in addition (The individual concerned still will not admit he has done anything wrong or that my ban was a mistake) and continued the blackmail with that extra demand.

"At the moment I am not going to name names"
"A member of the CSVN board told me last week in Leiden that he had entered an, official, online tournament with a cracked copy of the latest Junior"
"I receive an email banning me from CSVN events"
"I replied to the CSVN board saying that I would give them 24 hours to respond to me or I will go public. I have heard nothing and 24 hours has now passed. I do not want to publish the emails in full but I will do if a speedy resolution to this situation is not found by the CSVN"
"The individual concerned still will not admit he has done anything wrong or that my ban was a mistake. I will tomorrow tell the full story and name names"
" It will not appear today. It is taking a long time to write fairly and I am still hoping at this late stage to receive an email saying that the ban was wrong"

http://www.hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 38&start=0

then the execution of the threat:

Cock de Gorter the Chairman of the CSVN board told me last week in Leiden that he had entered an, official, online tournament with a cracked copy of the latest Junior that was sent to him by a friend in Brazil. I was astounded by this. Surely members of the board of a Computer Chess Association should lead by example and not use cracked software? I told Cock that I was appalled by his actions.

http://www.hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 96&start=0

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:

stubborn in the full face of the facts, I repeat, first the legal definition of blackmail, then the data relating in your case ....

The demand to be met was that you were unbanned. Edit/ actually this was the original demand, but when it was met by CSVN unbanning you, you upped the stakes to demand that he apologise for banning you in addition (The individual concerned still will not admit he has done anything wrong or that my ban was a mistake) and continued the blackmail with that extra demand.

"A member of the CSVN board told me last week in Leiden that he had entered an, official, online tournament with a cracked copy of the latest Junior"
"I replied to the CSVN board saying that I would give them 24 hours to respond to me or I will go public. I have heard nothing and 24 hours has now passed. I do not want to publish the emails in full but I will do if a speedy resolution to this situation is not found by the CSVN"
"The individual concerned still will not admit he has done anything wrong or that my ban was a mistake. I will tomorrow tell the full story and name names"
" It will not appear today. It is taking a long time to write fairly and I am still hoping at this late stage to receive an email saying that the ban was wrong"

Cock de Gorter the Chairman of the CSVN board told me last week in Leiden that he had entered an, official, online tournament with a cracked copy of the latest Junior that was sent to him by a friend in Brazil. I was astounded by this. Surely members of the board of a Computer Chess Association should lead by example and not use cracked software? I told Cock that I was appalled by his actions.

Interesting Script - However Jeremy is directing the Movie. Need to find some actors to play the lead rolls also.

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

the crime:

the anti-cloner-blackmailer:

pay 1000 £ or i will name the names...
we are founding a new computerchess scene.
and need the money.

this will rescue all commercial chess programmers.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:41 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:

Interesting Script - However Jeremy is directing the Movie. Need to find some actors to play the lead rolls also.

Typical that such a weak responder would find the HIARCS and PlayChess DELETE button so attractive an alternative.

No DELETE button? Try Blackmail.

"Because I can", says it all, really.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Chris Whittington wrote: Typical that such a weak responder would find the HIARCS and PlayChess DELETE button so attractive an alternative.

If anyone else besides Cock had used a cracked version in an official tournament on Playchess he would have been kicked out of the tournament and banned. As I like Cock I did not do that.

Maybe that was wrong and I should treat him the same as everyone else? However I thought a warning was enough in this case.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:03 pm

thorstenczub wrote:the crime:

the anti-cloner-blackmailer:

pay 1000 £ or i will name the names...
we are founding a new computerchess scene.
and need the money.

this will rescue all commercial chess programmers.
Did you have to put his head on your body?

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:15 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote: Typical that such a weak responder would find the HIARCS and PlayChess DELETE button so attractive an alternative.

If anyone else besides Cock had used a cracked version in an official tournament on Playchess he would have been kicked out of the tournament and banned. As I like Cock I did not do that.

Maybe that was wrong and I should treat him the same as everyone else? However I thought a warning was enough in this case.
you called him a thief, repeatedly and in front of his wife at a social dinner. that does not sound like a "warning", it sounds boorish, rude and chavvy and rightly got you banned because you proved the danger of your repeating rude, inappropriate behaviours at CSVN events.

there's also a strong case to be made that your use of the word "thief" is inappropriate and libellous, C de G got no benefit from what you describe as "theft", my understanding is that he thought he was doing it to favour Junior and you plus others as Junior representatives by ensuring Junior played in an event for which it was presumably entered. For some reason C de G did not have an original, he would have been sent an original, so he used this cracked version to ensure Junior got to play, for Junior's benefit. I doubt a court would convict him of theft on that evidence.

Anyway, this is all obviously not about the pretend offence of the cracked version but all about something else - some deal that went wrong, whatever.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Chris Whittington wrote: you called him a thief, repeatedly and in front of his wife
prove it. I doubt he will claim that. As it did not happen. he has never said that to anyone.