Arena 3.0 (Ubuntu10.4+Wine1.2) bugs?

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
jjh13

Arena 3.0 (Ubuntu10.4+Wine1.2) bugs?

Post by jjh13 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:32 pm

I have been using Arena 3.0 for a few days and noticed a few bugs, might be Wine related. First, the most serious, occasionally a game in a tournament is played with the wrong engine. This screenshot do not explain the situation very clearly, but if you look at the tournament information for the last game, it seems that Hermann and Dirty played a game, just like they should have.

The .pgn and .log files will also report the match between Hermann and Dirty. No traces remains of the fact that the game was actually played between Amyan and Dirty. The screenshot is taken right after the match and it shows Amyan and Dirty as the players. During the match I checked the running processes with the top command an it showed that it was really Amyan playing the game. The bug is probably related to the fact that Amyan played in the previous game. This is the third game when I have noticed this problem, so it does not happen very often, maybe once in one or two hundred games or so...

The two very minor aesthetic inconveniences:
First, the right side logo is not displayed - only the one on the left side. Regardless of the engine.
Second, not really visible on the screenshot, but on the "players' bars" different font is used for the white and black sides. The black side font also is in bold when black side is active, the white stays the same.

So, am I the only one with these problems?

And sorry for my bad English.