"An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board"

General discussion about computer chess...
Harvey Williamson

Re: "An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board"

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Kevin Frayer wrote:So Harvey, are you going to harass all American player because you don't like me?

Yes...all this is very funny. Pull your bulldog Rob off the American players.

If people are going to lie twice firstly by saying an a/c was banned and then say it was booted off and both are untrue I will certainly point that out. I beleive you were accusing Rob not me. last time I checked he was American. server logs clearly show no action was taken.

Marc Greenhaw

Post by Marc Greenhaw » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Harvey, how did my name get thrown into this??? Did you make false accusations that you now regret? Perhaps you should get your facts straight before you start throwing peoples name around.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Marc Greenhaw wrote:Harvey, how did my name get thrown into this??? Did you make false accusations that you now regret? Perhaps you should get your facts straight before you start throwing peoples name around.
If I got it wrong I apologise, however the speed of your communication is amazing and then to tell lies about being banned is not very clever.

Marc Greenhaw

Post by Marc Greenhaw » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:16 pm

I did not tell anyone I got banned, but strangely enough i got disconnected and logged back in automatically.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Marc Greenhaw wrote:I did not tell anyone I got banned, but strangely enough i got disconnected and logged back in automatically.
it was posted in this thread that you were banned.
------- Original Message --------
Subject: Playchess engine room
Date: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:13 pm
To: kingliveson

[*********] wrote:
Rob Osborn is over at the engine room right now tell the nick Tapoutchess it is you....both nicks are Marc G....

Flash...... the nicks have just been banned.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:42 pm

In my honest opinion, there's good reasons to now doubt Harvey's account about Cock and the events that led to his banning. One can scroll back a couple pages of this thread and see how Harvey behaves. He can't own up to his own faults yet expecting others to do. He makes bogus claims and when he's caught, he tries to divert the subject. Here is small logged chat between Harvey and I when Lieske was mis-behaving -- see and judge for yourself:

->HarveyWilliamson: Harvey, who do I talk to that can resolve this issue. Holger says he
wont tell me why and kicks me out

HarveyWilliamson: so you just make a new nick

HarveyWilliamson: why dont you email as i suggest

->HarveyWilliamson: I emailed him

->HarveyWilliamson: he then got on here on told me he sent me a reply. i told him i did
not recieve it and he says he wont send it again

->HarveyWilliamson: he then kicks me out

->HarveyWilliamson: what is going on here?

HarveyWilliamson: email whoever you want i am sat in a bar on holiday and cant help today
email cb if you want

There's more, but like I said initially, I have no hard feelings; we just have to hear a second side since Harvey has a knack for telling tales.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:00 pm

kingliveson wrote:In my honest opinion, there's good reasons to now doubt Harvey's account about Cock and the events that led to his banning. One can scroll back a couple pages of this thread and see how Harvey behaves. He can't own up to his own faults yet expecting others to do. He makes bogus claims and when he's caught, he tries to divert the subject. Here is small logged chat between Harvey and I when Lieske was mis-behaving -- see and judge for yourself:

->HarveyWilliamson: Harvey, who do I talk to that can resolve this issue. Holger says he
wont tell me why and kicks me out

HarveyWilliamson: so you just make a new nick

HarveyWilliamson: why dont you email as i suggest

->HarveyWilliamson: I emailed him

->HarveyWilliamson: he then got on here on told me he sent me a reply. i told him i did
not recieve it and he says he wont send it again

->HarveyWilliamson: he then kicks me out

->HarveyWilliamson: what is going on here?

HarveyWilliamson: email whoever you want i am sat in a bar on holiday and cant help today
email cb if you want

There's more, but like I said initially, I have no hard feelings; we just have to hear a second side since Harvey has a knack for telling tales.
I give several hours a day to look after Playchess no financial reward for any of it. Sorry if I was unable to help during my holiday.

The chat you post may be correct it may not as in this form it can easily be edited.

Quite frankly I do not really care what you think about the incident in Holland. I am happy to hear from people who have a direct interest in the tournament or other authors. Those who read with an open mind see the real story those with an agenda just find ways of furthering it. It is impossible to have a reasonable debate on many of the forums so I made a decision today to not read this one for a while.

aurevoir,
Harvey

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Harvey:

I will leave you with one last peace of advice.

The times, they are a changing.

You and your companions in the world of commercial computer chess have had a good run. Nobody is questioning that this commercial framework, has in its own way, brought about an expansion of our hobby. But history is replete with greedy men who stand in the way of progress for personal gain. Do not let your legacy in computer chess be relegated to that scrapheap of history.

Kevin:
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:57 pm

Kevin Frayer wrote:Harvey:

I will leave you with one last peace of advice.

The times, they are a changing.

You and your companions in the world of commercial computer chess have had a good run. Nobody is questioning that this commercial framework, has in its own way, brought about an expansion of our hobby. But history is replete with greedy men who stand in the way of progress for personal gain. Do not let your legacy in computer chess be relegated to that scrapheap of history.

Kevin:
I will leave you with a gem also - I have never received 1 penny from Computer Chess. Like you it costs me money.

BB+

Post by BB+ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:36 pm

Is there going to be "An Open Letter to Harvey Williamson and the PlayChess Sysops" thread? Wouldn't that be a better place to put some of these complaints?