"An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board"

General discussion about computer chess...
Harvey Williamson

Re: "An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board"

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:04 am

thorstenczub wrote:harvey was banned because he insulted cock and his wife.
cocks idea to use the software was to ALLOW junior to participate BEFORE he got the free licence of official junior. but the tournament began. so he was in zugzwang without junior software.
so instead of deciding NOT to allow junior to participate, to throw junior out of tournament,
he used this software as an ersatz-engine for the official junior. as i understand it was 1 day before the tournament. harvey was banned (IMO complety understandable regarding his behaviour in the restaurant) and he threatened cock to publish everything if the ban is not lifted.
same blackmail behaviour peter skinner or conkie is using.
in germany it is a crime to blackmail other people. i am not sure how the law in USA or UK is.

so far about "good faith" !
sigh all bullshit.

I was banned the day after when I got home nobody mentioned there was a problem during the tournament. In fact during the tournament Cock was given the free licemce he asked for. Junior continued to play in the tournament as Cock now had a legal version. I did not insult Cock's wife. She was there when I told Cock he was wrong. Please post your next fairy story and please read the sequence of events is quite clear but you do not want to read them you just want to troll.

BB+

Post by BB+ » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:10 am

I will add that the official reason for the ban was because Cock's wife was upset that I told him he should not be using a cracked Junior.
OK, I think your edit crossed with my query. I thank you for the clarification, as the omission of such a statement in the original made me wonder whether certain unpleasantries were being elided. I agree that this is a rather ham-handed abuse of office.

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:26 am

Harvey Williamson wrote: sigh all bullshit.

I was banned the day after when I got home nobody mentioned there was a problem during the tournament. In fact during the tournament Cock was given the free licemce he asked for. Junior continued to play in the tournament as Cock now had a legal version. I did not insult Cock's wife. She was there when I told Cock he was wrong. Please post your next fairy story and please read the sequence of events is quite clear but you do not want to read them you just want to troll.
so you want to make us believe that there were no problems during the event.
and out of a sudden you get banned. although you did not insult his wife.

IMO you were banned because you insulted cock to be a thief with his wife watching/listening it as witness.

as i see it, cock used this version not to be a thief, or because he has no money,
but because he wanted to do amir and your company a FAVOUR by allowing junior to participate
although there was no free licence available from your company at the moment the tournament had to begin.

IMO the ban is justified.
you slapped away the hand that tried to help you !
or do you really want to make us believe that cock de gorter is a kind of chess-engine-dealer ?

to be honest your (and skinners and conkies) overreacting behaviour in public concerning
clones and pirates and licences reminds me much on witch hunts and the famous
mc_carthy courts against "unamerican behaviour".

to say it in clear words, you damage computerchess more than the pirates
and cloners could ever do. you simply annoy the people in the scene
with nonsense-licence agreements (thueringen), rigid censorship in the forums,
blackmailing people who disagree, banning them from the forums,
behaving in internet like the internet police against pirates/cloners,
people who are your customers.

the few customers you still have. or would have. if you would
stop your kind of internet-police behaviour.

instead of convincing the people to buy your product by presenting
a strong and good product, you misbehave with annoying primadonna
behaviour and ignorant police-style orders and censorship.

you argue that you want to save your rights, but in fact you create the
opposite. people are so much upset about your behaviour in public
that they decide not to buy any products from your company again.
Last edited by thorstenczub on Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:31 am

thorstenczub wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote: sigh all bullshit.

so you want to make us believe that there were no problems during the event.
and out of a sudden you get banned. although you did not insult his wife.

IMO you were banned because you insulted cock to be a thief with his wife watching/listening it as witness.

as i see it, cock used this version not to be a thief, or because he has no money,
but because he wanted to do amir and your company a FAVOUR by allowing junior to participate
although there was no free licence available from your company at the moment the tournament had to begin.

IMO the ban is justified.
you slapped away the hand that tried to help you !
or do you really want to make us believe that cock de gorter is a kind of chess-engine-dealer ?

to be honest your (and skinners and conkies) overreacting behaviour in public concerning
clones and pirates and licences reminds me much on witch hunts and the famous
mc_carthy courts against "unamerican behaviour".
Am sure he will be glad to know he has you on his side.

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:51 am

Harvey Williamson wrote:Am sure he will be glad to know he has you on his side.

It started private and it should have remained private resolved. If not resolved, HW is not the only, or unique, operator for HIARCS. It was not a HIARCS ban, just a ban of a rude person who creates trouble in inapproriate circumstances.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:02 am

thorstenczub wrote:

It started private and it should have remained private resolved. If not resolved, HW is not the only, or unique, operator for HIARCS. It was not a HIARCS ban, just a ban of a rude person who creates trouble in inapproriate circumstances.
I was banned because someone broke the Junior licence. If I had not been banned the incident would have been forgotten. All I ask is that they say the ban was wrong. How can it remain private when a ban is contrived?

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:07 am

Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:

I was banned because someone broke the Junior licence. If I had not been banned the incident would have been forgotten. All I ask is that they say the ban was wrong. How can it remain private when a ban is contrived?

when cock de gorter operated hiarcs in paderborn, although he was never meant to
be the official operator, but hiarcs was in danger of losing this game on time,
he did it to help hiarcs.

when cock de gorter used a cracked copy of junior to make it participate
in a tournament when it is known that the official verison has a delay,
and comes next days, he is doing it to help junior.

maybe you cannot understand this.
but anybody who knows cock de gorter, knows this.

of course when reading your postings, you tell us a completely
different story, where cock is not helping but acting like a
despotic person.
something is wrong in your way of telling the story.

i don't think the ban was wrong.
without your open letter i would not have heard about it.
and so others would not have heard.
it was you publishing this in your forum.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:15 am

thorstenczub wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:

when cock de gorter operated hiarcs in paderborn, although he was never meant to
be the official operator, but hiarcs was in danger of losing this game on time,
he did it to help hiarcs.

when cock de gorter used a cracked copy of junior to make it participate
in a tournament when it is known that the official verison has a delay,
and comes next days, he is doing it to help junior.

maybe you cannot understand this.
but anybody who knows cock de gorter, knows this.

of course when reading your postings, you tell us a completely
different story, where cock is not helping but acting like a
despotic person.
something is wrong in your way of telling the story.

i don't think the ban was wrong.
without your open letter i would not have heard about it.
and so others would not have heard.
it was you publishing this in your forum.
I do not judge people by what they did in the 20th century before I knew them I judge them by how I see them. I would probably still lend Cock my Car there is no way you are getting the keys.

Cock can end all this by saying the ban was wrong.

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:55 am

Harvey, Harvey, Harvey..... you want this gentleman to apologize to you, because you created disturbance at his tournament.

I'll tell you what, apologize to me and I will see what I can do about getting your reputation in computer chess back.

As for loaning him your car, if you don't quit this kind of talk you may need to just handover the cars title after the Dutch Computer Chess Association attorneys get done with you.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 am

Kevin Frayer wrote:Harvey, Harvey, Harvey..... you want this gentleman to apologize to you, because you created disturbance at his tournament.

I'll tell you what, apologize to me and I will see what I can do about getting your reputation in computer chess back.

As for loaning him your car, if you don't quit this kind of talk you may need to just handover the cars title after the Dutch Computer Chess Association attorneys get done with you.
I created no disturbance at the tournament. Nobody at the tournament knew there was any issue.