PRIVATE ProteusSFX-AI tests

Code, algorithms, languages, construction...
dorsz

Re: PRIVATE ProteusSFX-AI tests

Post by dorsz » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:52 pm

AlexChess wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:11 am
Hi dorsz,

why you don't update your engines anymore? I'd like to play a 300 games rematch against both :)
Hi!
I do. Sometimes it is hard. The engine I am doing right now needs several weeks of tests.

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:07 pm

dorsz wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:52 pm
AlexChess wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:11 am
Hi dorsz,

why you don't update your engines anymore? I'd like to play a 300 games rematch against both :)
Hi!
I do. Sometimes it is hard. The engine I am doing right now needs several weeks of tests.
You are right. To try to improve something already good we need months of deep tests, not days like somebody thinks here :mrgreen:

ProteusSFX-AI stable is 231109, with an old NNUE

Can't wait to test your next mods ;)

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:56 pm

That's right Eduard, this guy lost his compass, thanks for the link.

:(

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:52 pm

This guy sucks. He doesn't want to give us a PGN, but shows us an animation of the game. What should we see? There are no evaluations of the engines and we don't know how long the book was played for. That's cheating. I don't understand how sensible people like Dorsz can think something like this is good? There's a guy who tries every trick to deceive people. And again: it doesn't do us any good if Dorsz gets these games (or Sarona, who I know wasn't interested in the ProteusSF games). He can post 100000 results, without PGN it's just cheating.
Peace be with you!

dorsz

Post by dorsz » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:48 pm

Eduard Nemeth wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:52 pm
I don't understand how sensible people like Dorsz can think something like this is good? There's a guy who tries every trick to deceive people. And again: it doesn't do us any good if Dorsz gets these games (or Sarona, who I know wasn't interested in the ProteusSF games). He can post 100000 results, without PGN it's just cheating.
I never said if it is good or not. I just got the games.

Personally I prefer sharing the games and I appreciate sharing.
On the other hand I also published several times a screenshot with results only. I wanted to just show approximate results. The reason I didn't want to publish the games of engines was I was not satisfied with some of my engines and I didn't want to release them. The other reason was that I was using positions from my private book that I planned to release in the future.

Coming back to the games I received.
Alex sent me a match Proteus-Swordfish and Proteus-Stockfish Polybook. I checked a match with Stockfish Polybook.
Proteus won. I verified all 1-0, 0-1 games. They look fair, no problems with depth or evaluation, nothing suspicious.
So far it's looking good, but there is one exception. This makes the result of the match perhaps not intentionally cheated, but rather random.
The games are not played with position of book with reversed colors. Often the openings of the game are odd numbers like 1 or even 5. There was one position that was played 3 times Proteus as white and 0 as black. There were 2 wins of Proteus and 1 draw.

The match is not engine vs engine. It is engine+book vs engine+book. Which engine is stronger is impossible to verify here.
Alex I recommend using an opening book with reversed openings to have fair results between the engines.

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:24 pm

I find it distasteful when someone posts results from games without giving the authors of opposing engines the opportunity to respond specifically. If I play against Eman (which I did) I have to be fair enough to provide all the data. That's why I offer a PGN for all games. I would also give the author my engine so he can check everything. Everything else is not serious.

I even sell books, and yet I have no problem offering a PGN where all the book moves can be seen. Alexchess's arguments are just excuses.

His tests are nonsense anyway because they don't play with color swapping.

If the number of games is 1, 3, 5 etc. and his engine had the same color several times in a row, then that is also cheating. This shows that he had deleted some games.

He is a deceiver who only deceives others and tries to cover up the deception. This is the real reason why he doesn't test seriously (same openings with color swap) but uses separate books, and he is a coward to give us the PGN of our defeats against him. Guys like that shouldn't be given any respect.
Peace be with you!

dorsz

Post by dorsz » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:25 pm

Eduard Nemeth wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:24 pm
If the number of games is 1, 3, 5 etc. and his engine had the same color several times in a row, then that is also cheating. This shows that he had deleted some games.
No, there is no problem with numbers. I meant the selection of openings by engines is not even so it is unknown how the engines would score with reversed colors.

I checked Proteus-Swordfish match too. It looks similar, usually the engine that won a game had no rematch with the same reversed opening. Like before it is impossible to say which engine is stronger.

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:00 am

That shows that he lets play the way he likes! There is no system.

By the way, if you want, you can manipulate any tournament. Games in a database can also be moved as you would like to see them. In addition, the ProteusSF engine is private and almost nobody owns it. The fact is that the results suggest an incredibly better engine. If someone has won about 120 games and only lost 60, that is unreal dominance.

However, ProteusSF has to cheat on the PlayChess server (he only plays against himself there). It is proven that he has played against himself many times. I have posted some of these games here. An engine that supposedly wins 120:60 against others but has to cheat on the server, isn't that a joke? Sorry, but it's a big joke for me! By the way, Anton Ces also plays on PlayChess and his hardware is even slower than that of ProteusSF. Still, he doesn't cheat. Alex been cheating on the server for a year, not just since yesterday. His friends had 8 accounts and only played against themselves. Now he only has 2 accounts and the second account has to help him so he can play against himself. Only disrespectful people do that. who cheats on the server also cheats offline. I won't believe anything else until Alexchess stops cheating on servers and plays honest games there. So I will continue to call him a fraud, that's my right!
Peace be with you!

cubail

Post by cubail » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:07 pm

https://pixeldrain.com/u/cWNze4e6
4 lose 5 month engıne polyfısh pruteus not good

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess » Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:53 am

Proteus-SFX-AI-231109-Corchess-231204-5-0-6-

Another TOTO's fiasco! Untouched Corchess is better than his CoolIris random mods :mrgreen: