Cool Iris 10.40

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
rulleeeee

Re: Cool Iris 10.40

Post by rulleeeee » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:57 pm

where is it written what is the size of the nnue network?

OrgZ

Post by OrgZ » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:16 pm

Anton101 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:25 am
Due to Eduard Nemeth's unusual interest in corchess and continually updating this engine and adding PB or changing the nnue network for larger ones (Not necessarily better), I have decided not to continue with Cool Iris (I have nothing against EN, rather, I admire and respect his great work and influence)...I really thank those wonderfull users who have used the engine Cool Iris, in fact it was a privilege to me, be favored in the downloads, my total gratitude.

Likewise, I completely suspend any TACTICAL update (In its place you have Khalid's Polyfish and SF that Skynet adds PB to it)... The last update of TACTICAL was the one that played in Mr. Sedat's tournament.

Well, shashchess and brainlearn reappeared on the scene and on the other hand, OrgZ presents very good engines, this certainly makes me consider that there is already a large overload of engines derived from stockfish. Likewise, CED presents in their tours something called YuliGM (Who knows what it means) and Apocalipsis also offers a Pro version of stockfish. There are other engines called Luttefish (I think that's how it is) and Hystrix, without forgetting Eman (half private and half public) and the engines that Solidor presents from time to time (also each and every one derived from stockfish), so without a doubt the computer chess lovers are more than satisfied.

I will open a new thread updating Crystal once a month without changing the name, just adding PB. (I hope to release the first update this coming Monday).

Thank you very much for your attention, I only wish you have a wonderful weekend.

About Dark SisTer and SpecTral, are my private engines, and in the next weeks they will be playing at lichess as bots.

Best regards.

A. Ces
Dear friend Anton.
It surely won’t be the same beta testing my patches without your latest engines being part of the test.
The difference b2n me and you is that your patches are aligning with latest sf devs, whereas mine are not bcz am still exploring and admire the old one better. So you see all these engines are unique.
But the choice is yours buddy :difus_3

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:54 pm

Anton101 wrote:
Due to Eduard Nemeth's unusual interest in corchess and continually updating this engine and adding PB or changing the nnue network for larger ones (Not necessarily better), I have decided not to continue with Cool Iris (I have nothing against EN, rather, I admire and respect his great work and influence)...I really thank those wonderfull users who have used the engine Cool Iris, in fact it was a privilege to me, be favored in the downloads, my total gratitude.

Likewise, I completely suspend any TACTICAL update (In its place you have Khalid's Polyfish and SF that Skynet adds PB to it)... The last update of TACTICAL was the one that played in Mr. Sedat's tournament.

Well, shashchess and brainlearn reappeared on the scene and on the other hand, OrgZ presents very good engines, this certainly makes me consider that there is already a large overload of engines derived from stockfish. Likewise, CED presents in their tours something called YuliGM (Who knows what it means) and Apocalipsis also offers a Pro version of stockfish. There are other engines called Luttefish (I think that's how it is) and Hystrix, without forgetting Eman (half private and half public) and the engines that Solidor presents from time to time (also each and every one derived from stockfish), so without a doubt the computer chess lovers are more than satisfied.

I will open a new thread updating Crystal once a month without changing the name, just adding PB. (I hope to release the first update this coming Monday).

Thank you very much for your attention, I only wish you have a wonderful weekend.

About Dark SisTer and SpecTral, are my private engines, and in the next weeks they will be playing at lichess as bots.

Best regards.

A. Ces
Dear Mr. Anton

Sad to read that you are not going to release anymore
Newer engine versions of Tactical and Cool Iris
I like them really..they are one of my favorites!

But on other hand, I give you understanding...
Life is not only chess...sometimes by myself
I am thinking to drop my chess tempo...
You know...but when you love much chess,
It is hard to stay far away...

Anyhow, take care and stay safe...
And wishing you good luck in Lichess

Greetings )

dorsz

Post by dorsz » Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:58 pm

Anton101 wrote:

Best regards.

A. Ces
Hi! You once mentioned something about opening your own website someday. When will we see it?
Last edited by dorsz on Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ding-Bat

Post by Ding-Bat » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:01 pm

A huge loss to our chess community very sad times indeed.

Desvelemosafrica

Post by Desvelemosafrica » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:48 pm

I was precisely asking about it, about the latest versions for the last tours of my bullet tournaments. I think there are people who put so much pressure on others that they only share knowledge, that it stresses them out to such a point that they prefer to quit.
Bad news from chesscomputer.
Regads, Anton.
Jorge

ZamChess

Post by ZamChess » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:36 am

”Re: Cool Iris 10.40
Post by Anton101 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:25 am

Due to Eduard Nemeth's unusual interest in corchess and continually updating this engine and adding PB or changing the nnue network for larger ones (Not necessarily better), I have decided not to continue with Cool Iris.”

That really seems like a childhood on your part, not to mention otherwise...
Only you are allowed to make changes to CorChess ?!
Do you have a monopoly on CorChess ?

Let's be serious. Stop behaving like a scratched child whose toy has been taken away.
I know that ” truth upsets ”, but it must be said.

All the best.

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:46 pm

I like the big network. We also like playing with MinimumThinkingTime on Playchess. I also create Polyglot books, which are available on my homepage. I don't see anything that I did wrong. For all fans of self-learning, Anton could continue to offer his engine Cool Iris. That would be nice.
Peace be with you!

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:02 pm

One more thing: I have more success on Lichess with the large network. There are more wins, especially against weaker engines! The large network avoids move repetitions because the evaluation is different. While the standard network shows 0.00 and another variant also evaluates it as 0.00, the large network outputs a slightly positive value and avoids repetitions. Note: Stockfish vs. Stockfish is not played everywhere. And where the opponent isn't called Stockfish, the big network is clearly better!!
Peace be with you!

Ding-Bat

Post by Ding-Bat » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:54 pm

Correct me if i'm wrong but Anton shared his cool Iris to all public but yours are closed only to a select few so you both could cohabit as such.

Eduard Nemeth wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:46 pm
I like the big network. We also like playing with MinimumThinkingTime on Playchess. I also create Polyglot books, which are available on my homepage. I don't see anything that I did wrong. For all fans of self-learning, Anton could continue to offer his engine Cool Iris. That would be nice.