Cool Iris 10.40

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Gator007

Re: Cool Iris 10.40

Post by Gator007 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:33 am

Thanks!

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:10 pm

You welcome!

OrgZ

Post by OrgZ » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:55 pm

:difus_19

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:42 pm

;)

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:23 am

New Cool Iris in the next few days, remember that Cool Iris is based on corchess, the only difference is that it handles experience file (from SugaR) and supports CTG and bin books. I will be updating once a month, I think that by having the src, you can modify the network size to your interests.

Have a great weekend!

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:48 am

Anton101 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:23 am
New Cool Iris in the next few days, remember that Cool Iris is based on corchess, the only difference is that it handles experience file (from SugaR) and supports CTG and bin books. I will be updating once a month, I think that by having the src, you can modify the network size to your interests.

Have a great weekend!
Dear Mr. Anton,

Good news... and nice to see you )

And happy weekend to you as well

Greetings

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:38 am

Best regards Mr. Sedat!

Anton101

Post by Anton101 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:25 am

Due to Eduard Nemeth's unusual interest in corchess and continually updating this engine and adding PB or changing the nnue network for larger ones (Not necessarily better), I have decided not to continue with Cool Iris (I have nothing against EN, rather, I admire and respect his great work and influence)...I really thank those wonderfull users who have used the engine Cool Iris, in fact it was a privilege to me, be favored in the downloads, my total gratitude.

Likewise, I completely suspend any TACTICAL update (In its place you have Khalid's Polyfish and SF that Skynet adds PB to it)... The last update of TACTICAL was the one that played in Mr. Sedat's tournament.

Well, shashchess and brainlearn reappeared on the scene and on the other hand, OrgZ presents very good engines, this certainly makes me consider that there is already a large overload of engines derived from stockfish. Likewise, CED presents in their tours something called YuliGM (Who knows what it means) and Apocalipsis also offers a Pro version of stockfish. There are other engines called Luttefish (I think that's how it is) and Hystrix, without forgetting Eman (half private and half public) and the engines that Solidor presents from time to time (also each and every one derived from stockfish), so without a doubt the computer chess lovers are more than satisfied.

I will open a new thread updating Crystal once a month without changing the name, just adding PB. (I hope to release the first update this coming Monday).

Thank you very much for your attention, I only wish you have a wonderful weekend.

About Dark SisTer and SpecTral, are my private engines, and in the next weeks they will be playing at lichess as bots.

Best regards.

A. Ces

Gator007

Post by Gator007 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:02 am

I am very sorry to read this, I like your engines a great deal. We do have a number of very fine engines, but yours were certainly much admired.

Eduard Nemeth

Post by Eduard Nemeth » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:40 pm

Anton101 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:25 am
Due to Eduard Nemeth's unusual interest in corchess and continually updating this engine and adding PB or changing the nnue network for larger ones (Not necessarily better), I have decided not to continue with Cool Iris (I have nothing against EN, rather, I admire and respect his great work and influence)...I really thank those wonderfull users who have used the engine Cool Iris, in fact it was a privilege to me, be favored in the downloads, my total gratitude.

Likewise, I completely suspend any TACTICAL update (In its place you have Khalid's Polyfish and SF that Skynet adds PB to it)... The last update of TACTICAL was the one that played in Mr. Sedat's tournament.

Well, shashchess and brainlearn reappeared on the scene and on the other hand, OrgZ presents very good engines, this certainly makes me consider that there is already a large overload of engines derived from stockfish. Likewise, CED presents in their tours something called YuliGM (Who knows what it means) and Apocalipsis also offers a Pro version of stockfish. There are other engines called Luttefish (I think that's how it is) and Hystrix, without forgetting Eman (half private and half public) and the engines that Solidor presents from time to time (also each and every one derived from stockfish), so without a doubt the computer chess lovers are more than satisfied.

I will open a new thread updating Crystal once a month without changing the name, just adding PB. (I hope to release the first update this coming Monday).

Thank you very much for your attention, I only wish you have a wonderful weekend.

About Dark SisTer and SpecTral, are my private engines, and in the next weeks they will be playing at lichess as bots.

Best regards.

A. Ces
My interest is in the larger networks (dimension 3072). My engine INCOGNITO is identical to CorChess in the search code, but uses the large network. I also implemented polyglot support. Incognito, however, does not use learning files, which Cool Iris does. I have some friends who mainly play correspondence chess and use the engines for that. The larger network is better here. All my other engines are significantly different from Stockfish and CorChess and have their own search.

https://solistachess.jimdosite.com/solista-news/
Peace be with you!