ProteusSF-Aureo released

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
AlexChess

Re: ProteusSF-Aureo released

Post by AlexChess » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:50 pm

Thank you Canbaz! Here you find, as promized, the last 16 games ProteusSF-Aureo on Core i5 4 cores VS StockFish-dev 230816 of IG-88a that has a Monster PC with 44 CPUs and 88 cores that have lead me at 3215 ELO. All draws! Sorry they are animated GIF or someone will stole them for his 10€ books. The color of ProteusSF is after the game number in the name (eg 1b.gif = ProteusSF Aureo with black )

I will put them on the ProteusSF-Aureo topic on my forum. For fair tournaments like yours (I will send you ProteusSF-Next on September with a book :D ) I will soon start a local tournament on Chessbase Dragon 3.2, but I must recompile all the open source engines to set the CPUs to 4. The GUI is bugged since a decade and doesn't often save the engines config correctly. I have opened a ticket on Chessbase.com support for that and for games not resuming correctly after internet disconnection (you are locked as Centaur and cannot change, so you lose the game and up to 18 points... Already happened 4 times to me with ProteusSF-Official account. :oops: )

https://pixeldrain.com/u/KWShg6SY

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:29 pm

IG-88A's Monster PC is a 2x Intel Xeon E5-2699 v4 manifactured by Holovan Laboratories (data from his profile)

In overall, he has won 9 games and lost only 1, so the performance with a 2014 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz 4 cores no threads 8 GB that calculates only 2 MN/s is STUNNING, despite what can say someone.

Strategically planning 500 games with a so weak hardware against engines all running on better hardware is a difficult task, not CHEATING or CHERRYPICKING as someone states :lol: :lol: :lol:

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:58 pm

NOTE: Chessbase Dragon 3.2 works fine only on his own GUI Fritz 18. Using BanksiaGUI or Arena the engine is much weaker (-400 ELO)
So I must re-compile all the open-source engines Swordfish, BlueMarlin, Corchess, ShashChess, Brainlearn, Kayra, Berserk, Koivisto, Stockfish-dev-230816, LC0-030, Cool-Iris, Dark Sister and Raid hardcoding the UCI config values. Hoping that Eman, AI and Zeus, Rebel 16.2 and Chess-System-Tal 2.0 will keep their configuration values :roll:

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:59 pm

Nice..even I can say too much as Number One!

But on other hand, frankly I'm not much surprised,
Because I had the pleasure to test L.B in my tours too!

Best,
Sedat

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:02 pm

AlexChess wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:50 pm
Thank you Canbaz! Here you find, as promized, the last 16 games ProteusSF-Aureo on Core i5 4 cores VS StockFish-dev 230816 of IG-88a that has a Monster PC with 44 CPUs and 88 cores that have lead me at 3215 ELO. All draws! Sorry they are animated GIF or someone will stole them for his 10€ books. The color of ProteusSF is after the game number in the name (eg 1b.gif = ProteusSF Aureo with black )

I will put them on the ProteusSF-Aureo topic on my forum. For fair tournaments like yours (I will send you ProteusSF-Next on September with a book :D ) I will soon start a local tournament on Chessbase Dragon 3.2, but I must recompile all the open source engines to set the CPUs to 4. The GUI is bugged since a decade and doesn't often save the engines config correctly. I have opened a ticket on Chessbase.com support for that and for games not resuming correctly after internet disconnection (you are locked as Centaur and cannot change, so you lose the game and up to 18 points... Already happened 4 times to me with ProteusSF-Official account. :oops: )

Thank you Alex )

And very soon I am going to view the games...

Sure ..and looking forward for a newer ProteusSF + Book!
And just in case...will be my pleasure to test them )

Best,
Sedat

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:41 am

Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:02 pm
AlexChess wrote:

Thank you Alex )

Best,
Sedat
OK I will add you to PRIVATE closed beta testers, it's an honor.

Just started an experimental local 20 challengers bullet tournament with Chessbase Dragon 32 GUI. I have manged to set 4 CPUs for every engine, recompiling most of them (since Fritz 18 often loses engine settings) It's the right way to test engine running all with the same computer speed. Incredibly, last Crystal 6 is very stroing even bullet. A surprise! I will soon start publishing results (here if the offender stops attacking me on my topic) and on my forum :-)

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:25 am

AlexChess wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:41 am
Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:02 pm
AlexChess wrote:

Thank you Alex )

Best,
Sedat
OK I will add you to PRIVATE closed beta testers, it's an honor.

Just started an experimental local 20 challengers bullet tournament with Chessbase Dragon 32 GUI. I have manged to set 4 CPUs for every engine, recompiling most of them (since Fritz 18 often loses engine settings) It's the right way to test engine running all with the same computer speed. Incredibly, last Crystal 6 is very stroing even bullet. A surprise! I will soon start publishing results (here if the offender stops attacking me on my topic) and on my forum :-)
Hello Alex,

Thanks... )

On other hand,
Actually that would be great if all who in our hobby to be in good friendship!
But what a pity that my wish seems to be just impossible! anyhow I think that
A friendly dialogue is the best way of resolving the conflicts, problems etc.

Regarding your next ProteusSF engine releases,
Well, can you compile ProteusSF in AVX2 format?
Because AVX2 seems to be as fastest on my PCs
And in same time that means,
Usually AVX2 compiles perform better..sure
I mean at least on my latest tournament machine!
Meanwhile,
As you know, I tested many vers.(released by you)
Where if I am not wrong...they were mainly POPCNT

Btw, about testing PRIVATE chess engines etc.,
As far as possible, I stay far.. (I've no much interest..)
As main reason, no much free time for all...

Greetings )

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:21 am

OK,
since you ask I talk about my side:

At the beginning I have even added Ed's Predator 2.2 book in ProteusSF engines, attributing him his work obviously.
I have sent ProteusSF-Sunrise directly to his email since he makes tests like me. He never even answered a word to me.

I don't know what suddenly happened, after having simply switched to private engine because there was stalkers in Chess2U not deserving my free sharing. Brilliance, Skynet, Alcyon... He isn't happy that I have started a coomon crowfounding program
not to sell ProteusSF (I will never do that) but asking help to my fans to pay bills for keeping 3 computers always on, offering them to compile every kind of engine for Windows, Mac and Android in exchange. Then there are the betatesters. I accept only who really uses it and gives me frequent reports about his performances not only on games, but also on solving positions. I give them every updated beta FOR FREE. Finally there are the DONORS. People that like ProteusSF and sends me 10€. Since they really like it, I offer them to test the engine betas but only if they use it as main engine. I have given ProteusSF for FREE to users that switched to other engines very soon. They are no more betatesters.

What wrong with that? Ed sells his book, made (also) with our games, and it's OK for me. He says that I don't have costs. Burned 2 smartphones for Android test, battery inflated. I pay 40€ for my site hosted on Aruba. He says that hosting could be free. I know, but I also now how horrible is his FREE Black site, black as his mood. I pay a lot for electricity, too.

Lately he has started to offend me heavily, on BanksiaGUI (Pham blocked him, not me) starrting then on Talkchess and on this post. Then I have answered to him in the same way. He has attacked mithics Ed Shoeder and Cris Wattington for no reason and a lot of other people in almost all chess forums.

i want only to be ignored by him, he can continue to post about HIS engines on HIS topic and sobody will replay to him anymore.

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:51 am

@Eduard Nemeth

1st of all,
I give you understanding about cherry picking etc.
But just in case...I think that no way to stop it!
I had some experience online as well, but I think
Simply it's best way just to enjoy playing chess!

E.g if I will go in same/similar mentality..etc.
I mean if all things have to be flawlessly..then
Simply I have to be out of chess, really...!!

To be more clear,
Let's say about chess friends who run games on same PC...

Some Authors/Testers/TDs:
- Not running enough games (per player), not clear strength
- Plus prefer very weak lines, so BIG error margin (on scene)
- Make double standards..(not allowing rest engines/books)
- Running with wrong test conditions (Hash size, LP etc.)
- Releasing their opening books as without serious testings..
- Releasing their chess engines not stable, with serious BUGS
- Forget everything, some directly cloning others work, sad

Etc. and etc.

I can count more points (actually many I already stated...)
And sometimes I wonder: what will be changed (in reality)?
Sure we can talk more..but final result is most important, right?

On other hand, I hope also that,
All our comments, suggestions.. will make some influences!
But I assume that very likely for ages, who are under 40 !)

Greetings

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:39 pm

AlexChess wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:21 am
OK,
since you ask I talk about my side:

At the beginning I have even added Ed's Predator 2.2 book in ProteusSF engines, attributing him his work obviously.
I have sent ProteusSF-Sunrise directly to his email since he makes tests like me. He never even answered a word to me.

I don't know what suddenly happened, after having simply switched to private engine because there was stalkers in Chess2U not deserving my free sharing. Brilliance, Skynet, Alcyon... He isn't happy that I have started a coomon crowfounding program
not to sell ProteusSF (I will never do that) but asking help to my fans to pay bills for keeping 3 computers always on, offering them to compile every kind of engine for Windows, Mac and Android in exchange. Then there are the betatesters. I accept only who really uses it and gives me frequent reports about his performances not only on games, but also on solving positions. I give them every updated beta FOR FREE. Finally there are the DONORS. People that like ProteusSF and sends me 10€. Since they really like it, I offer them to test the engine betas but only if they use it as main engine. I have given ProteusSF for FREE to users that switched to other engines very soon. They are no more betatesters.

What wrong with that? Ed sells his book, made (also) with our games, and it's OK for me. He says that I don't have costs. Burned 2 smartphones for Android test, battery inflated. I pay 40€ for my site hosted on Aruba. He says that hosting could be free. I know, but I also now how horrible is his FREE Black site, black as his mood. I pay a lot for electricity, too.

Lately he has started to offend me heavily, on BanksiaGUI (Pham blocked him, not me) starrting then on Talkchess and on this post. Then I have answered to him in the same way. He has attacked mithics Ed Shoeder and Cris Wattington for no reason and a lot of other people in almost all chess forums.

i want only to be ignored by him, he can continue to post about HIS engines on HIS topic and sobody will replay to him anymore.
Hello Alex,

Many thanks for the comments...

Interesting...and now is more clear what is going on...
Because as 1st time I read mostly of what you say....and
I suppose exc. Me, many other friends as 1st time read too)

What I can say more,
I respect... because all of our work, bills are not so cheap!
Plus I see nothing wrong with donations, even selling.. etc.
And 10€ is nothing if we consider some request close to 100€

By the way,
I like much Banksia 0.58 GUI, a wonderful interface!
It is possible to run concurrent matches, analyzing etc.

On other hand,
Just with one issue I was disappointed (under Banksia GUI)
E.g during my concurrent matches (with 64 games simultaneously)
The playing live moves (recorded on chess board) were not so clear...
I mean the played moves were not so well updated...
Not sure...maybe I am missing something.. ?!'

One thing more
I tested Banksia GUI some time ago, plus many more GUIs as well:
https://sites.google.com/site/computers ... testings-5

And give my BIG regards to
Banksia GUI programmer!

Greetings )