Stockfish 4 PA_GTB

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Peter

Re: Stockfish 4 PA_GTB

Post by Peter » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote: Peter, what happens when you just double-click on the engine? If you get the info text, can you type 'uci' and then press enter?
Thanks, Jeremy, while uci-enter ín command line brings up many options and in the end "uciok" as for the 32bit- versions, 64 bit brings up Windows error message only "....exe doesn't work anymore"
Last edited by Peter on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards
Peter.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:25 pm

chri$ wrote:i can open the 32 bit engine but when i click on 64 bit for me just the engine itself not inUCi it gives me error.. but 32 bit opens.. the 64 bit has error.. plz re compile thanks
The chance of the compile being corrupt (esp. as it seems to open for some people) is approximately zero, but here's a recompile of the 64-bit version to rule out the unlikely. Let me know...

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote: The chance of the compile being corrupt (esp. as it seems to open for some people) is approximately zero, but here's a recompile of the 64-bit version to rule out the unlikely. Let me know...
Sorry, still same Windows error message when trying to open in command line, and sorry for last posting before editing it, had tried wrong .exe first, 32bit instead of 64,
regards
Peter.

echai

Post by echai » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:46 pm

64 no carga en Fritz

64 does not load in Fritz

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:18 pm

Alright, I moved to my real Windows box and I'm getting some crashing. I'll report back shortly.

chri$

Post by chri$ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
chri$ wrote:i can open the 32 bit engine but when i click on 64 bit for me just the engine itself not inUCi it gives me error.. but 32 bit opens.. the 64 bit has error.. plz re compile thanks
The chance of the compile being corrupt (esp. as it seems to open for some people) is approximately zero, but here's a recompile of the 64-bit version to rule out the unlikely. Let me know...

im sorry i dont see no recompile u did.. plz repost the new recompile link. thanks.

chri$

Post by chri$ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Thebossss wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:Is this only with Persistent Hash enabled? I still can't reproduce, but I'm willing to try to debug it.

HOWEVER, I can't debug anything without a really specific description of what you are doing, how you are doing it, with what version of the GUI, and so on. Really specific-like. We'll figure it out, I'm sure.

Thanks -
jb
Ok i use fritz 13 gui, i've attached the error msg..
With the default settings everything works fine, when use persistent hash ticked error pops up..
this samwe box pops up for me soon as I downlod the engine and just try and open it.. when I try and save it to fritx 10,11,12,13 it does same.. same box pops up.. Im sorry Jeremy but this many of us with same issue.. something wrong.. not just on our end.. but your end.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:10 pm

New archive uploaded to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2465&p=19910#p19910.

For the nerds, this was a pretty cool problem. I recently got a new laptop with an Intel Haswell Core i7. Well, the kyotocabinet library, which we are leveraging for Persistent Hash in the PA_GTB fork, had its GCC compiler flag set to -march=native. So when building on this particular computer, the compiler was generating instructions which were incompatible with older models. Crashes ensued when enabling PH, and this will hopefully also explain the startup issues some people were having with the .exe, even without PH enabled, given old enough hardware.

Anyway, thanks for suffering through this with me. I hope that the new new new version works well for everyone now, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Jeremy

chri$

Post by chri$ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:15 pm

64bit working good for me now.. THANKS JEREMY!!!.. NO ISSUES FOR ME NOW..

now if I could only get the freaking 6men syzygy tb's to work for me on both stockfish and Houdini 4.. the 3,4,5men work fine, when i load 6men very end of every game i get same error box pop up.. engine stopped working.. aka engine cauysed an exception .. pain in the butt.. ive spent almost a week on trying differnt ways to load or run these new tb's.. and spent 3 days downloading making sure i had all files .. nothing missing..etc..

chri$

Post by chri$ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:19 pm

GREAT WORK JEREMY... I ALWAYS LIKED YOUR COMPILES. TO ME GTB IS MUCH MORE BETTER THAN SYZGY TB'S.. NEVER COULD GET THEM TO WORK PERIOD.. SORRY FOR CAPS ..MY KEYBOARD IS ABOUT TO BITE THE DUST. CANT TURN OFF CAPS ..LOL.. ITS STUCK. :geek: :ugeek: :roll: