I Just Don't Follow Any of It

General discussion about computer chess...
geotsp8

I Just Don't Follow Any of It

Post by geotsp8 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:20 am

I say a lot of things that:

1.Are just tongue-in-cheek.
2.I later regret having said.
3.I mean and stand by them.

But honestly, I don't know anyone here, Talk-Chess, Immortal Chess or Rybka Chess that I cannot stand. The few in the chess community who would be in that category are not members of any of the forums that I have ever been on. It seems that each of the aformentioned forums I go to- there is always talk about what someone on one of the other forums did that wasn't fair, right or whatever. I just wish for the new year that we, including myself, could all do a better job of trying to get along and respecting each others' opinions- even if we don't agree. I'm certainly willing to try. And Happy New Year to each and every one of you, and I honestly wish the best for everyone in the coming year.

george

Alexander Schmidt

Re: I Just Don't Follow Any of It

Post by Alexander Schmidt » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:39 am

geotsp8 wrote:It seems that each of the aformentioned forums I go to- there is always talk about what someone on one of the other forums did that wasn't fair, right or whatever. I just wish for the new year that we, including myself, could all do a better job of trying to get along and respecting each others' opinions- even if we don't agree.
The problem of talkchess is not a single fair or unfair decission by moderators. the problem is their policy to keep the forum clean of flamewars by deleting controversal postings even though they don't violate the charter. When I said Rybka is based on Fruit I got offended. When I said that Ippolit is not just a decompiled Rybka I got offended. After that I got offended for nearly every posting. You will not find a single posting by me where I insulted someone or I put the saddle on the wrong horse, but nevertheless the moderators delete my postings just because others feel disturbed. If this is what people like, have fun there. I couldn't care less.

Happy New Year.

geotsp8

Re: I Just Don't Follow Any of It

Post by geotsp8 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Alexander Schmidt wrote:
geotsp8 wrote:It seems that each of the aformentioned forums I go to- there is always talk about what someone on one of the other forums did that wasn't fair, right or whatever. I just wish for the new year that we, including myself, could all do a better job of trying to get along and respecting each others' opinions- even if we don't agree.
The problem of talkchess is not a single fair or unfair decission by moderators. the problem is their policy to keep the forum clean of flamewars by deleting controversal postings even though they don't violate the charter. When I said Rybka is based on Fruit I got offended. When I said that Ippolit is not just a decompiled Rybka I got offended. After that I got offended for nearly every posting. You will not find a single posting by me where I insulted someone or I put the saddle on the wrong horse, but nevertheless the moderators delete my postings just because others feel disturbed. If this is what people like, have fun there. I couldn't care less.

Happy New Year.

You and I have a difference of opinion on the Rybka issue, but I will stand with you to defend your right to express your feelings. And you don't have to agree with me to be my friend. We got off on the wrong foot earlier, and I am very sorry that happened. You really seem like a good, decent person. Best to you and your family for this new year.

All the best-

george