Universal Chessbot Client V1.0 (beta)

General discussion about computer chess...
dbxuau

Universal Chessbot Client V1.0 (beta)

Post by dbxuau » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:41 pm

I'm proud to introduce to the world the first fully-functional cross-platform concept of a "Universal Chessbot Client". Albeit it is still in beta and being shaken of periodic bugs by a handful of friends, it is without a doubt the most powerful adaptable chessbot ever. Watch the following video to get a better idea. In it, you will see me using Fritz 13 with various engines and books raging every site I can think of. Enjoy =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtg6wYybN6M

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Universal Chessbot Client V1.0 (beta)

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:23 pm

As an unassisted human who wants to play against other unassisted humans online, this is really depressing. Great work, I guess.

I guess we still have OTB, as long as participants are frisked and/or prevented from using the bathroom...

jb

dbxuau

Post by dbxuau » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 pm

It won't be made readily available for people to simply download and start cheating with. I've thought far beyond that and have planned to deter it to an extent.

simonhue

Post by simonhue » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Nice, how universal is it? Basically you have some pluggable framework for site support, or generic OCR/dll injection function ...?
Of course, "-1" for the cheating potential, thou I wonder who and for what reason could have a motivation to cheat (as it not for money play after all).

alfons

Post by alfons » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Very nice; one can drink, eat and even enjoy listening to abstract music (or some complex ZWÖLFTÖNES!) while annihilation of so called großmeisters internetwise en passant can be observed. Playing with BAM-BAM* won't fetch nothing not as you know, but 'Doctor3.0?' will be unsushpishess and erfolgreich (gives an instant hardened e-goldmember).

Is it only for the windows, yet?

Weidmanns Heil!

*EDIT: perhaps worth a try... I'd be very insterested how much 'ELO' could be fetched (tilde 2000?) in bullett with this thing.