Vas Is Answering Questions At the Rybka Forum

General discussion about computer chess...
Prima

Re: Vas Is Answering Questions At the Rybka Forum

Post by Prima » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:32 am

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:I read this differently, FWIW. If he were starting from scratch, as in if he were some newbie just getting into chess engine programming.
Actually, I read it similarly.

But, it's strange to refer to Rybka 3 (that is, Ippo / Robbo as R3 clone, as he claimed) as a "third" engine, as if it were entirely a different, non-clone engine.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:26 am

Prima wrote:...
This statement inadvertently proves IPPOLIT / RobboLito is NOT a Rybka 3 clone. Additionally, Rybka/Vas has NOT contributed to development of Stockfish, IPPOLIT, RobboLito, IvanHoe, and/or to the computer chess community, either directly or indirectly, as the Rybka fan-boys would like people to believe.

A Freudian-slip "confession", between the lines, on both ends.
Vas knows IPPOLIT is not a clone of Rybka. It would not be unreasonable to conclude however that IPPOLIT authors did disassemble Rybka (more than likely version 3), and took many things from it.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Prima

Post by Prima » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:55 pm

kingliveson wrote:
Prima wrote:...
This statement inadvertently proves IPPOLIT / RobboLito is NOT a Rybka 3 clone. Additionally, Rybka/Vas has NOT contributed to development of Stockfish, IPPOLIT, RobboLito, IvanHoe, and/or to the computer chess community, either directly or indirectly, as the Rybka fan-boys would like people to believe.

A Freudian-slip "confession", between the lines, on both ends.
Vas knows IPPOLIT is not a clone of Rybka. It would not be unreasonable to conclude however that IPPOLIT authors did disassemble Rybka (more than likely version 3), and took many things from it.
In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't believe Vas' claims appertaining to IPPOLIT/Robbo being a clone of Rybka 3. Things just didn't add up. But then again, the lies & dishonesty "history" of Vas, the fallibility of Vas, and general common sense played a crucial role in keeping things in perspective and wouldn't let me deprive myself of IPPOLIT.

Anyway, this IPPOLIT/Robbo is R3 clone issue, now proven to be lies after all, serves as another incremental lie(s) in Vas's history.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 pm

I don't remember, but they very well may have come from Fruit. I would have no qualms about using them.

Vas
http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... pid=391683

You see the coyness as if he doesn't know. :) If I were in his shoes, the source code wouldn't be released either for obvious reasons.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Prima

Post by Prima » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:36 pm

kingliveson wrote:
I don't remember, but they very well may have come from Fruit. I would have no qualms about using them.

Vas
http://rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybkaforu ... pid=391683

You see the coyness as if he doesn't know. :) If I were in his shoes, the source code wouldn't be released either for obvious reasons.
Yep. Now will be the time for Miguel Ballicora to "read between the lines" and heed the 'subtle hint' from Vas, to stay away before tarnishing his own reputation. While he still can.

It is one thing to be sycophantic apposite to Vas' ability in assembling different works by different authors (i.e. Crafty and/or Fruit) to produce a strong clone/derivative.
It is another thing to let adulation get in the way of objectivity/evidence in noting certain character traits, proven by an established history of numerous/repeated acts of dishonesty and disregard for law/licenses/rules and ethics.

Sadly, similar advise can't be dispensed to Ed Scroeder (aka Rebel) and Chris Whittington (aka Trotsky) at this point. They deliberately veer from issues. They intentionally adulterate evidences. They take felicity in perpetrating and disseminating inaccuracies. Chris Whittington now "trumpets" to those incapable of discernment, the "DEFINITION of originality" - as per his master's (Vas) perverted definition. Which by the way, did not / would not fly...

Ed Schroeder & Chris Whittington are beyond reproach, and are reprobates.

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:02 pm

"beyond reproach" seems like the wrong term? That would mean beyond being criticized, or shouldn't be criticized??

Or is this a sort of super-oxymoron where you say they are so far beyond criticism that they are reprobates?

Prima

Post by Prima » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:51 pm

hyatt wrote:"beyond reproach" seems like the wrong term? That would mean beyond being criticized, or shouldn't be criticized??

Or is this a sort of super-oxymoron where you say they are so far beyond criticism that they are reprobates?
The later applies to them :lol:

wgarvin

Post by wgarvin » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 am

hyatt wrote:"beyond reproach" seems like the wrong term? That would mean beyond being criticized, or shouldn't be criticized??

I think he meant "beyond redemption" or something like that.

Edit: "Unsalvageable". :lol:

JcMaTe

Post by JcMaTe » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 am

laughable that he does not know how to answer the all questions asked by mjlef , anyway congrats to VAS HE only answer to manipulate his puppet club . at the same time I realize that some of his fellows began to doubt about his innocence .

BB+

Post by BB+ » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:42 pm

I didn't follow the whole thread here, but it seems that VR answered what I thought was a main point. Rather than dispute the evidence per se, he instead principally disagrees with what "original" means. So I can't expect there to be much need for 30+ page technical documents in the future.