I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

General discussion about computer chess...
Uly

Re: I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Post by Uly » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:08 am

alfons wrote:Perhaps not, as you're supposed to be an Italian
I'm Mexican.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:57 am

veritas wrote:as this above post was aimed at "uly" (with missing "g") i congratulate alfons on making several relevant incisive observation's and in plain English

However lets not be "fanboys" but unlike those lets be honest

1) -providing a strong chess engine
-which gets frequently updated due to fixed bugs and improvements for endusers

PAST TENSE NO update for over 9 months

2,3.)
-a GUI written in Java for analysis
-a GUI written in Java for exploring endgames/bases

EXCELLENT for analyzing LOSE's if one uses this now weak un updated engine ,but to call them GUI.s is rather OVER exaggerating them somewhat as they are NOT fully functioning GUI's. no much good for anything but anyalizing loses really,, unless one thinks ..".Well they occupied the Decemberists time for over 12 months.preventing any work on Ippolit engines "
Then yes VERY useful ,

to Houdart and co :twisted:

4)-in a wiki-like progressive environment

an environment that should carry a warning to all visiting it

"Unsuitable for women and youngsters to visit "
Its become a TOILET like environment Capitalist Graffiti smeared all over it . left to spawn maggots and attract fly pitchers to cover it with advertising of Capatalist Commercial products
A sad abandoned place that few care to TRY to protect that NONE of its Admin attempt to clean up and return it to the status it merits

rather like Robbolito was abandoned and left for the intelligent vultures to pick away inside it really
vultures that feasted and grew fat while Decemberists twiddled with useless GUIs
Shame they didnt take good advice and make something useful from that poor abandoned engine as Houdart did

As for your points re Rybka fanboys and there forum

Yes True
its still the #1 forum though

for cheats and liars anyway :arrow:
Veritas,

Sorry for the delay on this. I'm traveling in mainland China and internet is available, but not exactly plentiful.

Until now, we've been laboring under the assumption that you're developmentally disabled and have cut you an enormous amount of slack. This rope has, however, reached its end, as has your membership on OpenChess, effective immediately. Thank you for your valuable contributions, which will certainly be missed by someone. Alas, a parting of ways is sometimes unavoidable... You have merely confirmed that it is nearly impossible for a member identified as 'problematic' to be rehabilitated, even after disciplinary action. Also tschüss, Freundchen.

Jeremy

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:43 am

Hood wrote:
kingliveson wrote:FL is the author of IPPOLIT/RobboLito as revenge. He is also the author of Houdini and RH is just a frontman for it. After FL reached a private settlement with VR, ChessOK was allowed to market it.
it is v. probable. :-)
Lol, you have to admit the whole thing does look a bit strange, given how so-called clones were dealt with on Rybka forum, and here's a recent post there from ChessOk:
Victor Zakharov Date 2011-10-27 wrote:For Rybka Aquarium 2011 users.

Here is the long waited GUI update for [Deep][Rybka] Aquarium 2011 users.
http://www.chessok.com/download/Aquariu ... date_2.exe (16 MB)

To setup it download the file, exit Aquarium program if it is running, run Aquarium_2011_Update_2.exe, select Aquarium 2011 folder. Press Ok a pair of times. Setup will not change your current Aquarium settings. So it is not essential but recommended to do some backups of configuration files.

The update contains all changes that were done for Houdini Aquarium released recently. Full list of changes will be published on chessok site October, 28. Link will be added to this post.

If somebody downloaded and installed release candidate (build 480) already they may do the steps described above, but they also can download and unpack the following archive, unpack it and rewrite Aquarium.exe file http://www.chessok.com/download/Aquariu ... exe482.zip

For Houdini Aquarium users.
Here is minor update for Houdini Aquarium [Pro] users.
http://www.chessok.com/download/Aquariu ... date_1.exe (9.5MB)
Changed files
1) Aquarium.exe, build 482
2) CA70DB.DLL
3) XFCCPlay.exe

Fixes:
a) Numerous bugs in game analysis and blunders check are fixed
b) Popular EPD tags are shown in game list and game header now. pv line is displayed in game notation. All fields can be edited. Additional tags are supporrted as Introduction annotation in Game View.
c) XFCCPlay didn't use new AqChess font. Fixed.
d) HTML export didn't use new AqChess font. Fixed.
e) Different reported minor bugs are fixed.
Remember that it was VR who vetoed JO's attempt to market Strelka through ChessOK.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen