I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

General discussion about computer chess...
veritas

Re: I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Post by veritas » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:47 am

Uly wrote:
kingliveson wrote:here was one of the recent postings on IPPOLIT website:
I wouldn't take them seriously, they're just a parody.
just a parody :roll:

that "just a parody" has given a HUGE increase in ELO to cc engines , exposed Vas / Rybka as a plagiarizing liar and given more to computer chess than any others have and given it FREELY :idea: :arrow:

alfons

Post by alfons » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 pm

Uly wrote:
Our Minstrel for Propaganda introduced a new Comrade (who could easily become a nemesis to the deluded and the ones who have to 'help' themselves in applying an 'ignore-function' forumwise to circumvent the truth by muting it): Tall Inquisitor Commissar Kachenovsky.

Your attempt to diminish the technical accomplishments of the 'parodists' is a disgrace btw; but I do not wonder, as you're bound to an ancient and gruesome policy which forces you to provide and clean the stage for the noisy smearacts of some high-profile trolls (Jerøn, Spæiht etc.) in a very rotten 'buildingk' (J. Cleese).

veritas

Post by veritas » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:43 pm

alfons wrote:
Uly wrote:
Our Minstrel for Propaganda introduced a new Comrade (who could easily become a nemesis to the deluded and the ones who have to 'help' themselves in applying an 'ignore-function' forumwise to circumvent the truth by muting it): Tall Inquisitor Commissar Kachenovsky.

Your attempt to diminish the technical accomplishments of the 'parodists' is a disgrace btw; but I do not wonder, as you're bound to an ancient and gruesome policy which forces you to provide and clean the stage for the noisy smearacts of some high-profile trolls (Jerøn, Spæiht etc.) in a very rotten 'buildingk' (J. Cleese).
Pity the singing minstrel did not introduce a decent decemberist rather than this one you imagine as some sort of Nemis that's more likely to be just another reason for houdart , daily ,vas and co to laugh than produce anything usefull

As for you going all "unwinian " trying to emulate Iggor

give us a break, your German and can use the English language very fluently , all your post has done is enable uly ( wheres that "g" ) to see all from Ippolit as parodies

you would be better to offer your servitude to becoming moderator on Ippolit and cleaning the ***** mess that Igor has allowed it to become
CAPITALIST graffiti dominates it unless you've not noticed

Uly

Post by Uly » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 pm

alfons wrote:Our Minstrel for Propaganda introduced a new Comrade [...] Tall Inquisitor Commissar Kachenovsky.

[...]which forces you to provide and clean the stage for the noisy smearacts of some high-profile trolls (Jerøn, Spæiht etc.) in a very rotten 'buildingk' (J. Cleese).[...]
Yup, I can't take that seriously.

veritas

Post by veritas » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:50 pm

i doubt anyone could , think he has a few many schnapps and fallen off his tractor onto his head

again :shock:

alfons

Post by alfons » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Ok then. The technical merits of the Decembrists and Comrades, which you don't seem able to recognize as expected, are:

-providing a strong chess engine
-which gets frequently updated due to fixed bugs and improvements for endusers
-OWN endgame-bases-scheme with strong compression
-plus a portable library for the very same
-a GUI written in Java for analysis
-a GUI written in Java for exploring endgames/bases
-all of that with a liberal licence
-open development
-in a wiki-like progressive environment
-that package is free (as in speech+beer)
-you did choose a dumb green bottle as adequate representing you here

compare it with the people, forums, code, presentation etc. associated with Rybka: They simply fail the aesthetic-test because they're ugly (to start with). All of them. Another kind of comparison wouldn't make any sense...as we're ahead mate, namely in every department.

Now you may lay back and ponder how wonderful the Rybka5clusterexe would perform on 400 cores and how would it do that just for YOU. You can dream on of course: How socially rewarding it would be, if you had explored new opening-tricks etc...for spending thousands of eurodollar; dreaming is all which is left to you pal, as indifferent reality can be observed and that is:
-a bugridden engine proven to play neatly chess
-a forum inhabited by trolls, which invite Prof. Hyatt to discuss (because it's so liberal and judicious and crowded with experts only as Jrœhn and Sπeit) and then swear him to leave the place: "It's time to give back the Rybka forum to its users. Go home." (because of Bobs excessive peculiarity in replying to literally EVERY dumb scribble secluded there)
-other unpleasent and troublesome conditions (suspicous)

Boy, have you found a home...bah.

Tony Mokonen

Post by Tony Mokonen » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:06 am

kingliveson wrote:FL is the author of IPPOLIT/RobboLito as revenge. He is also the author of Houdini and RH is just a frontman for it. After FL reached a private settlement with VR, ChessOK was allowed to market it.
So *that's* what happened to Chess64. Wheels within wheels.... 8-)

veritas

Post by veritas » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:32 am

alfons wrote:Ok then. The technical merits of the Decembrists and Comrades, which you don't seem able to recognize as expected, are:

-providing a strong chess engine
-open development
-you did choose a dumb green bottle as adequate representing you here

compare it with the people, forums, code, presentation etc. associated with Rybka: They simply fail the aesthetic-test because they're ugly (to start with). All of them. Another kind of comparison wouldn't make any sense...as we're ahead mate, namely in every department.

Now you may lay back and ponder how wonderful the Rybka5clusterexe would perform on 400 cores and how would it do that just for YOU. You can dream on of course: How socially rewarding it would be, if you had explored new opening-tricks etc...for spending thousands of eurodollar; dreaming is all which is left to you pal, as indifferent reality can be observed and that is:
-a bugridden engine proven to play neatly chess
-a forum inhabited by trolls, which invite Prof. Hyatt to discuss (because it's so liberal and judicious and crowded with experts only as Jrœhn and Sπeit) and then swear him to leave the place: "It's time to give back the Rybka forum to its users. Go home." (because of Bobs excessive peculiarity in replying to literally EVERY dumb scribble secluded there)
-other unpleasent and troublesome conditions (suspicous)

Boy, have you found a home...bah.
as this above post was aimed at "uly" (with missing "g") i congratulate alfons on making several relevant incisive observation's and in plain English

However lets not be "fanboys" but unlike those lets be honest

1) -providing a strong chess engine

PAST TENSE NO update for over 9 months

2,3.)

EXCELLENT for analyzing LOSE's if one uses this now weak un updated engine ,but to call them GUI.s is rather OVER exaggerating them somewhat as they are NOT fully functioning GUI's. no much good for anything but anyalizing loses really,, unless one thinks ..".Well they occupied the Decemberists time for over 12 months.preventing any work on Ippolit engines "
Then yes VERY useful ,

to Houdart and co :twisted:

4)-in a wiki-like progressive environment

an environment that should carry a warning to all visiting it

"Unsuitable for women and youngsters to visit "
Its become a TOILET like environment Capitalist Graffiti smeared all over it . left to spawn maggots and attract fly pitchers to cover it with advertising of Capatalist Commercial products
A sad abandoned place that few care to TRY to protect that NONE of its Admin attempt to clean up and return it to the status it merits

rather like Robbolito was abandoned and left for the intelligent vultures to pick away inside it really
vultures that feasted and grew fat while Decemberists twiddled with useless GUIs
Shame they didnt take good advice and make something useful from that poor abandoned engine as Houdart did

As for your points re Rybka fanboys and there forum

Yes True
its still the #1 forum though

for cheats and liars anyway :arrow:

Uly

Post by Uly » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:34 am

alfons wrote:-providing a strong chess engine
-open development
The actions of the "Decembrists and Comrades" are serious, but the comments and language they use on their community are just parodies. Using the words Decembrists and Comrades to refer to themselves is part of the joke.
alfons wrote:-you did choose a dumb green bottle as adequate representing you here
Ow, where did that come from? Back when I made that bottle I was thinking of the pleasure I was having with the Preserve Analysis feature implemented into Stockfish when compared with analyzing with the prior version.

I thought "If Stockfish was a beverage I'd drink it!", and so I drew the bottle.

Anyway, I think that critiquing the art of someone else is highly subjective and that "dumb" is an objective assessment. You can't call it dumb and go away, you have to explain why it's dumb. Unless it was only an attempt to call me dumb, but then that would be a personal attack.

alfons

Post by alfons » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:09 pm

I thought "If Stockfish was a beverage I'd drink it!", and so I drew the bottle.
Interesting - but a bit unusual, don't you think? Perhaps not, as you're supposed to be an Italian ('stoccafisso' issue).

Johann Feilacher, psychiatrist und stationchief (?!) in a hospital in Gugging (famous for the art brut created there) about his patients:

"Die Herren sind Künstler. Der Wahn ist ihre Privatangelegenheit" (from the movie 'Kopfleuchten').

:-)