Houdini 2.0 running for the IPON

As in chess tournaments and matches...
IWB

Re: Houdini 2.0 running for the IPON

Post by IWB » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:07 pm

kingliveson wrote: And by the way, what you published as results (which snippets I pasted), can easily be generated without ever playing a single game. I can produce you a script that does exactly that.

Franklin
In advance and accordiing to the other list? I would be really impressed!

And: Please read my general remarks. If you dont like it I do not force anyone to have a look at my list or even my posts.

BYe
Ingo
Ponder ON rating list: http://www.inwoba.de

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:16 pm

IWB wrote:
kingliveson wrote: And by the way, what you published as results (which snippets I pasted), can easily be generated without ever playing a single game. I can produce you a script that does exactly that.

Franklin
In advance and accordiing to the other list? I would be really impressed!

And: Please read my general remarks. If you dont like I do not force anyone to have a look at my list or even my posts.

BYe
Ingo
Ok, give me an hour or two...I will produce similar to the thing you published, and should be comparable statistically wise. Again, all without playing a single game.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

IWB

Post by IWB » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:34 pm

kingliveson wrote:
Ok, give me an hour or two...I will produce similar to the thing you published, and should be comparable statistically wise. Again, all without playing a single game.
OK, more precise: You can produce a sript (and publish it please) that produces results for new engines which are in accordance (Reasonable deviaton) to the later published result of all major lists? Lets say a future Elo of Fritz 13, Shredder 13, Komodo 3.x MP, Stockfish 2.x ... Actualy that is what my results did for the last year (and more). If you can do THAT with a script I will be impressed!

Actually I think you dont want to understand - your problem.

BYe
Ingo
Ponder ON rating list: http://www.inwoba.de

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 pm

IWB wrote:
kingliveson wrote:
OK, more precise: You can produce a sript (and publish it please) that produces results for new engines which are in accordance (Reasonable deviaton) to the later published result of all major lists? Lets say a future Elo of Fritz 13, Shredder 13, Komodo 3.x MP, Stockfish 2.x ... Actualy that is what my results did for the last year (and more). If you can do THAT with a script I will be impressed!

Actually I think you dont want to understand - your problem.

BYe
Ingo

Again, you are missing the point; it's about transparency. I have posted the source and output as promised: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1592

Edit: I dont read talkchess as much as I used to, really don't have the time, but anyways, I saw the thread where you were asked to provide the results. If the reason you dont provide games because that developers might tune their engines to beat your list, I serious doubt it can be accomplished with a rich opening collection.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen