Thoughts on Fruit=Rybka EVAL

General discussion about computer chess...
Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Thoughts on Fruit=Rybka EVAL

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:53 pm

This from Azaad at immortalchess. Maybe M ANSARI would like to comment?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2011-08-30 um 18.50.52.png

Uly

Post by Uly » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:Maybe M ANSARI would like to comment?
Does M ANSARI read OpenChess?

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:08 am

Uly wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:Maybe M ANSARI would like to comment?
Does M ANSARI read OpenChess?
He has an account here. I don't know if he reads regularly, though.

jb

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:14 pm

What you are going to see is the "usual" pro-rybka action. A favorite argument has been shot down (you didn't test the EXACT version used during the ICGA events, so your comparison is no good). You can expect this poster to run and hide and not comment any further. Which is EXACTLY what happens each time a new argument is dispatched with a single shot over on the Rybka forum....

I wonder what kind of discussion this will produce over there and what kind of wrangling and distorting will happen as a response?

Uly

Post by Uly » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:53 pm

Oh, oops, I sent this by Private message instead of sending it to this thread by mistake.
hyatt wrote: You can expect this poster to run and hide and not comment any further.
No, I can expect that a point addressed to someone that may not check regularly here may be missed because it's not being posted on the forum that that person regularly checks. It just adds lag to communication, or blocks it entirely.

Back when I wanted to address points to CCC members that didn't visit Rybka Forum regularly, I'd crosspost the messages. Even, at some point I would crosspost the messages from other people between CCC and Rybka forum for the same reason. But at some point, it started looking silly "let's put the message directed to X wherever X is less likely to see it".

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:05 pm

I posted the same query over there. The silence is DEAFENING....

I suppose a very few are now trying to figure out the next arguing point they are going to try to exaggerate, since this one is certainly DOA now...

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:10 pm

Uly wrote:Oh, oops, I sent this by Private message instead of sending it to this thread by mistake.
hyatt wrote: You can expect this poster to run and hide and not comment any further.
No, I can expect that a point addressed to someone that may not check regularly here may be missed because it's not being posted on the forum that that person regularly checks. It just adds lag to communication, or blocks it entirely.

Back when I wanted to address points to CCC members that didn't visit Rybka Forum regularly, I'd crosspost the messages. Even, at some point I would crosspost the messages from other people between CCC and Rybka forum for the same reason. But at some point, it started looking silly "let's put the message directed to X wherever X is less likely to see it".
Yeah, sorry. I've decided to not deal with rybkaforum for a while (and I haven't logged in in over a week). It's just too knuckleheaded over there. I assume that people crosspost posts there (or here), if they think it's important. It's not like this conversation is time-critical.

jb

ernest

Post by ernest » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:19 pm

Uly wrote:Oh, oops, I sent this by Private message instead of...
OMG, you're really addicted!... :lol:

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:29 pm

It sounds like a broken record, but Ed, Chris, Ansari, Uly, and the rest of the doubters, why dont you guys ask Vas to release Rybka 1.0 or earlier source code? He wont be giving out any secret -- it doesn't even have to be public. It will definitely prove his innocence if truly he is innocent. So please start the campaign that Vas releases the source code and redeem his name.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Uly

Post by Uly » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:49 pm

@ernest: You're the only guy getting that joke, which makes it a bad one.
kingliveson wrote:It sounds like a broken record, but Ed, Chris, Ansari, Uly, and the rest of the doubters, why dont you guys ask Vas to release Rybka 1.0 or earlier source code?
Because we know he doesn't have it. Yes, we know he just deleted old source codes as soon as he had new stable ones. The Rybka codes are just no longer in this world, Vas has as much access to them as everyone else.

Now, Vas could show that the code of Rybka 4 is clean, but that would be irrelevant as he's being challenged on ancient versions (from where only 2.3.2a seems relevant), and because it's anybody's clue how much relation that code has with Rybka Cluster code (which would be the playing one).

And, anyway, all that would be moot, since I don't think Vas would ever play again on an ICGA event even if they apologize, and I think it'll be a loss for the ICGA as soon as a true World Championship is created for the audience, not for the programmers.