The End of Ippolit /Iggorit / Robbolito /IvanHoe ?

General discussion about computer chess...
veritas

The End of Ippolit /Iggorit / Robbolito /IvanHoe ?

Post by veritas » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:42 am

Decembrist-57703 sounds death knell of IvanHoe , Peter Pan is glad ?

PostSubject: Decembrist-57703 sounds death knell of IvanHoe , Peter Pan is glad ? Today at 10:21 am Select/Unselect multi-quote Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
+
----
-

Decembrist-57703

Today 8:30 am

Dear Peterpan, I fixed the IvanHoe bug in ComStock, and told Boris in the other thread now (late).

We were awaiting for a next StockFish to emit, and then add ComStock and
PA+GTB too, but it is slow. The concept of a library (cloof) can also
see value when assigned. I submit there is now a Critter wiki, for extra
sense in there.

Angels_77
Today 8:41 am

this means no more IvanHoe ? Only tinkerings with stocfish and unrelated more engines totaly unrelated to IPPOLIT ?

niether stockfish or critter use ANY of IPPOLITs source codes

Rykba does perhaps adding robbobases to them next ?

or Zog to Rybka maybe ?

re: critter 25 of 26, with no cluster
Peterpan_Tinkerbell
56 minutes ago

Thanks Decembrist-57703

Then I suppose I will be making a final Ivanhoe. Windows compilation
that includes this fix that I was not able to pinpoint with me weak
debugging skills Wink so that all ivanhoe fans can enjoy bugfree
(hopefully) 6 men endings

re: critter 25 of 26, with no cluster
Angels_77
53 minutes ago

[quote]
Then I suppose I will be making a final Ivanhoe. Windows compilation [quote]

Peterpan_Tinkerbell 06/08/2011

FromDate
Decembrist-57703
Aug 6, 2011 9:36 am

[quote[
I do not sense if IvanHoe can emit again from us, for the value hies to
be petty. The talk I eared saw for BorisKorol to replace via BorisChess
for ZOG MP is dallying, see too the concept is dire with Capitalists
declining.[quote]

Peterpan_Tinkerbell
27 minutes ago

Okay Decembrist-57703

I have seen this picture you just painted some time ago already.This is just a confirmation now from you.

As long as 6 men bases work properly now I feel mission is
accomplished,since it took me more than a month to download the 6 men
triplebases.

Me too have to move on to other things :) so I am glad it's over now.

Angels_77
23 minutes ago

strange that Houart could so improve on the Ippolit / robbolito codes and our own super brains cant is it not ?

were darn sure Rykba will surpass itself shortly so its supporters can
cheer that the revolution followed its Titanics mode namesake and
capitalism prevails

last laugh for Vas not on him then Sad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:o :cry:
Topic is posted @ http://morethanchessagame.forumotion.com/

guests can view this without need of joining forum :arrow:

Uly

Re: The End of Ippolit /Iggorit / Robbolito /IvanHoe ?

Post by Uly » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:48 am

What was so special about IvanHoe that e.g. Houdini or Fire didn't have?

veritas

Post by veritas » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:20 am

Uly wrote:What was so special about IvanHoe that e.g. Houdini or Fire didn't have?
could say it did NOT have some fans and one maker / plagiarizer who clearly have SPECIAL needs , but ..

Try this .. without IPPOLIT you would have NO Houdini or Fire

what have YOU given the computer chess community in comparison ?

tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:34 pm

veritas wrote:
Uly wrote:What was so special about IvanHoe that e.g. Houdini or Fire didn't have?
could say it did NOT have some fans and one maker / plagiarizer who clearly have SPECIAL needs , but ..

Actually, Uly has been instrumental in creating a more user friendly Stockfish, is helping the author of Critter improve the analysis functions of that already great engine and even the elusive Robert Houdart paid attention to Uly's posts regarding "learning" for the next Houdini.

So Uly has actually given quite a bit to computer chess.

veritas

Post by veritas » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 pm

tomgdrums wrote:
veritas wrote:

Actually, Uly has been instrumental in creating a more user friendly Stockfish, is helping the author of Critter improve the analysis functions of that already great engine and even the elusive Robert Houdart paid attention to Uly's posts regarding "learning" for the next Houdini.

his drooling over houdini contributes nothing to no one other than houdart :!:

as for the rest it pales in comparison to what IPPOLIT and windows compilers have given freely to the chess world
and his post contributes only to the sick bucket along with the rest that look down there noses at the contribution IPPOLIT has given to all

fire is as houdini , born of iggorit , robbolito and ivanhoe capisto ? get the :idea: now :roll:

Prima

Post by Prima » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:23 pm

tomgdrums wrote:Actually, Uly has been instrumental in creating a more user friendly Stockfish, is helping the author of Critter improve the analysis functions of that already great engine and even the elusive Robert Houdart paid attention to Uly's posts regarding "learning" for the next Houdini.

I second that.

Peterpan

Post by Peterpan » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:54 pm

hi my old friend Prima bugg :-)

I see this post on Ippolit wiki also...
To the real people behind Ippolit (Igor, Roberto, etc):

Please ignore these $%^^@ and continue with your work. I always enjoyed when you made a release every now and then.

Now all I see are a flurry of crappy executables from people that want to take credit for the hard work you did.

Don't give up.
i have no clue?!

Farewell ;)

veritas

Post by veritas » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:48 am

Prima wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:Actually, Uly has been instrumental in creating a more user friendly Stockfish, is helping the author of Critter improve the analysis functions of that already great engine and even the elusive Robert Houdart paid attention to Uly's posts regarding "learning" for the next Houdini.

I second that.
you would as you and your partner in soiling the IPPOLIT wiki are definitely seconds , aka #2's

you do know what a number 2 is do you not ?

a clue
its also rhyming slang

Uly

Post by Uly » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:22 am

veritas wrote:his drooling over houdini contributes nothing to no one other than houdart :!:
If a feature I suggests gets implemented, everyone that uses Houdini benefits.

I apologize if my previous post looked like an attack, but my question was genuine. I'm not familiar with the IvanHoe branch of the project and would like to know what does it offer that Houdini (highest elo) or Fire (parameter tweaking) don't.

veritas

Post by veritas » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:12 am

Uly wrote:
veritas wrote:his drooling over houdini contributes nothing to no one other than houdart :!:
If a feature I suggests gets implemented, everyone that uses Houdini benefits.

I apologize if my previous post looked like an attack, but my question was genuine. I'm not familiar with the IvanHoe branch of the project and would like to know what does it offer that Houdini (highest elo) or Fire (parameter tweaking) don't.

rather a large ego would be assumed from your first comment

second one in 2 parts.. first part accepted 2nd part for an alleged experienced programer beggars belief

one could ask ... what your parents DNA offers yours dont ( does not )?

Fire is not in the same league as best of other Ippolit family much less Houdini , tweaked with use of max cpu hash( by Ahmed , mohamed , tester .Doc George's fake user names ) it has gained speed , not brains , rather like kranium in that respect . i noticed Bettina (Sobel?) engine ( unashamedly IPPOLIT )
beat the best Fire XTremely comfortably ,
Houdini is Shamfully IPPOLIT based and Houdart is free to take me to court for calling him a bigger liar than kranium if he wishes ( i think over 1 year of hailing Firebird as the worlds strongest engine = a HUGE LIE ) as does Houdarts " ive never even looked at any of IPPOLITs source codes :roll:

ergo the IPPOLIT source codes still have much to offer , if those who had plagiarized code and or ideas cared to repay some of what they have gained by aiding IPOLIT Houdini would be soon surpassed

what gets up my nose is simply that so many of you shun IPOLIT but still use its ideas and or codes

Richard Vida seems the exception to the rule as he has spoken out re IPPOLIT being clean ... (others like KLO also have but i address the 3 faced ones not windows compilers ) the only other i have any respect for is jury but would wish he would actually do something positive rather than pontificate

Any here or elsewhere that refuse to acknowledge the achievement of IPPOLIT in ending Rybkas domination is retarded

I honestly believe we owe a great deal to those who gave us so much (including Peter Pan ,Vlad0 , KLO etc, etc ) and a little Quid Pro Quo would go a very long way