Rybka 5 Beta by HuRrIcAneFoRcCe in POGO chess site.

General discussion about computer chess...
Prima

Rybka 5 Beta by HuRrIcAneFoRcCe in POGO chess site.

Post by Prima » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:05 am

Someone in POGO chess site (A Clockwork Orange room), by the handle HuRrIcAneFoRcCe is claiming to have and using Rybka 5 beta. He says it's th real thing. Anyway, here are few excerpts. After being caught (in second uploaded PNG file), he now changes his story to:
"It was people giving me Rybka 5 beta..."
In either event, I reiterated to all spectators at the table that there wasn't any Rybka 5 beta of any kind. What do you all think.
Attachments
For Rybka Forum2.PNG
He now tries to change what he claimed earlier on having Rybka 5 beta.
For Rybka Forum on Rybka 5 beta.PNG
HuRrIcAneFoRcCe (in A Clockwork Orange room claims to have Rybka 5 beta.

Dave Mitchell

Re: Rybka 5 Beta by HuRrIcAneFoRcCe in POGO chess site.

Post by Dave Mitchell » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:36 am

Frankly, speculation on these things is just gossip.

Reminds me of a Senator (a former Marine no less) crying as he gave a speech in the Senate, about the "murdering marines" in an Iraqi "massacre". Of course, several other national political leaders have to chime in with their condemnation, as well. Even the Commandant of the Marines pipes up with a Guilty pre-verdict, "verdict".

Unfortunately for these idiots, the "massacre" was done by Al-Qaida in Iraq, with the intent to make a viral video to sway public opinion against the US Marines. Easier to get suicide recruits and fighters too, that way.

When there is a new Rybka, it will be announced. There's no need to beat the bushes to flush it out of cover. It's a commercial program, not a game bird.

Prima

Re: Rybka 5 Beta by HuRrIcAneFoRcCe in POGO chess site.

Post by Prima » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:26 am

Dave Mitchell wrote:Frankly, speculation on these things is just gossip.

When there is a new Rybka, it will be announced. There's no need to beat the bushes to flush it out of cover. It's a commercial program, not a game bird.
Believe me Dave, I was the one disputing the Rybka 5 beta claim made by this clown (HuRrIcAneFoRcCe). I know for a fact there is not Rybka 5 beta. Absolutely none at this time.

What gets me is, this guy has the habit of telling spectators watching the games that he has a superb pc...made of 24 real core (Intel) that hyper-threads to 48 threads, with 48Gb RAM, 4 terabyte hard drive space and 6.0Ghz processors that runs 24/7. And no, we're not talking a Clustered PCs here. He then goes on to state that he has the bleeding edge Rybka 5 beta, Stockfish 2.1 beta etc etc...given to him by both Vas and the Rybka beta testes and respective engine authors. I know thes are all lies.

But the reason I'm posting this on forums (and in Rybka forum) is to inform others, specifically Vas and Rybka beta testers, about the lies being generated by this guy. Of course, we all know Rybka 5 beta doesn't exist. Then those he (HuRrIcAneFoRcCe) has been lying to can see the truth in forums and exposed for what he is. He assumed no one will bother to investigate his "Rybka 5 beta" lies on internet chess forum to dig out the truth. What an egregious judgment on his part.

I know Rybka 5 beta is a long way off. Heck, we're still expecting a Rybka 4.1 fix and the beta of Rybka 4.1 is yet to begin......let alone a Rybka 5 beta. I do agree with you that if Rybka 5 beta was out and in the testing phase, we would know about it.