STS [1-10] Nejmet 3.07

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Swaminathan

STS [1-10] Nejmet 3.07

Post by Swaminathan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:05 am

http://sites.google.com/site/strategict ... st-results

1000 Positions
10 seconds per position
Hardware: Q6600, 32 bits, 2 GB RAM, 2.4 GHZ. Arena 2.01 GUI.
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite

AnthonyTheSage

Re: STS [1-10] Nejmet 3.07

Post by AnthonyTheSage » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:06 am

Your obviously very familiar with the sts stat. When I downloaded it I only found 9 test suites in the folder? Do you have to add the tenth one manually? Appreciate any help thanks. I was also curious about how the sts was made. I know there is a brief overview on the website, where its was stated that other engines besides rybka were used to find the right moves. Just curious which engines were used and how long they were allowed to think? How did you decide what the best move was if the top engines disagreed? More detail would be great..........maybe you could do a post on it.

Swaminathan

Re: STS [1-10] Nejmet 3.07

Post by Swaminathan » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:16 am

AnthonyTheSage wrote:Your obviously very familiar with the sts stat. When I downloaded it I only found 9 test suites in the folder? Do you have to add the tenth one manually? Appreciate any help thanks. I was also curious about how the sts was made. I know there is a brief overview on the website, where its was stated that other engines besides rybka were used to find the right moves. Just curious which engines were used and how long they were allowed to think? How did you decide what the best move was if the top engines disagreed? More detail would be great..........maybe you could do a post on it.
You can download it again:
http://sites.google.com/site/strategict ... tat2.5.rar
There's STS 10 in it.

Dann Corbit does validation. I believe he uses 5 engines (Ivanhoe, Rybka, Naum, Zappa, Stockfish I think), and only accepts positions where all engines agree after 1 hour of time in analysis each, with minimum evaluation score of +0.20-+0.25 difference between the first and the second best move in multi-Pv.
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite