Rybka 4 Extreme

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
DaveD

Rybka 4 Extreme

Post by DaveD » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Re: Rybka 4 Extreme

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:57 pm

It looks like Deep Rybka 4 Aquarium 2010 or whatever they call it, just with a new name. Maybe they realized that "Deep Rybka 4 Aquarium 2010" is unwieldy, although I extremely wish that they'd picked something other than "Extreme". It's the "big guy" of product names.

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:17 pm

It looks even more stupid than it sounds :lol:
Vasik's Greed has overstepped the last line of normal marketing strategy....
Honestly thouhg,I can partly understand his actions as Rybka 4 is already caught by the newest IvanHoe and soon will be surpassed by it or by another engine....a matter of time,short that is :mrgreen:
Dr.D

Uly

Post by Uly » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:17 pm

I don't think Vas had anything to do with this re-branding from the USFC, other than selling them the rights to sell Rybka.

Yes, you can contact Vas to be a Rybka vendor and call the product whatever you want, I think.

Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 am

Ovyron wrote:I don't think Vas had anything to do with this re-branding from the USFC, other than selling them the rights to sell Rybka.

Yes, you can contact Vas to be a Rybka vendor and call the product whatever you want, I think.
Then again the so called Vasik must give his permission even for the product name,so it's hm again trying to squeeze the last penny he can before being surpassed....
Dr.D