Houdini Engine Origins

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
ThinkingALot

Re: Houdini Engine Origins

Post by ThinkingALot » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:52 am

Angel wrote:Robert Houdart LIED
he did look at ippolit code and used MORE than ideas from it
Could someone provide a link to the post in which Robert says he didn't use the Ippolit code? For I remember he only said that Houdini wouldn't be so strong without ideas from Ippolit, Stockfish and Crafty. And this statement is NOT a lie.

MoldyJacket

Post by MoldyJacket » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:43 am

Not the question at hand, please don’t confuse the issue.
Nominal Quoting Fanboy

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:47 am

ThinkingALot wrote:
Angel wrote:Robert Houdart LIED
he did look at ippolit code and used MORE than ideas from it
Could someone provide a link to the post in which Robert says he didn't use the Ippolit code? For I remember he only said that Houdini wouldn't be so strong without ideas from Ippolit, Stockfish and Crafty. And this statement is NOT a lie.
we are niether your mother or secatary m but this may JOG your memory into "thinkingalotclearer"
[Quote} i have never looked at Robbolito ( Ippolit )codes {Quote]

3 guesses who wrote that
RH ...Vas ...Kranium

if it helps ,,
it wasnt Kranium
Nothing is ever truly lost , just miss placed and awaiting us

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:58 am

MoldyJacket wrote:Angel, I think you know what I mean. Help understanding the code, theory discussions, additional code not public perhaps, etc. Just wondering…
we are comrades and workers of Ippolit , we are not programers so you would need to address your question to Iggor on Ippolit wikie

Personal opinions here (ours ) are ........ probably not
RH is a matmatician , a telescope builder , highly inteligent and very capabable of understanding the beta source codes Ippolit released

we stand by our statement that he has LIED

just as Vas has attempted to decieve all for years

Veritas will allways come out

~~~~~~~~~

Nothing is ever truly lost , just missplaced and awaiting

ThinkingALot

Post by ThinkingALot » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:50 pm

ThinkingALot wrote:Could someone provide a LINK to the post in which Robert says he didn't use the Ippolit code? For I remember he only said that Houdini wouldn't be so strong without ideas from Ippolit, Stockfish and Crafty. And this statement is NOT a lie.
Angel wrote: [Quote} i have never looked at Robbolito ( Ippolit )codes {Quote]
A LINK pls.
Angel wrote: we stand by our statement that he has LIED
Who "we"?

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:27 pm

ThinkingALot wrote:
ThinkingALot wrote:Could someone provide a LINK to the post in which Robert says he didn't use the Ippolit code? For I remember he only said that Houdini wouldn't be so strong without ideas from Ippolit, Stockfish and Crafty. And this statement is NOT a lie.
Angel wrote: [Quote} i have never looked at Robbolito ( Ippolit )codes {Quote]
A LINK pls.
Angel wrote: we stand by our statement that he has LIED
Who "we"?
WELL your mother never taught you any manners did she dear..

i repeat WE are not her NOR tour seateries so get oiff you fat R's and troll through archives ( past posts ) yourself
as for inncorect usage of queens englis or dumb R's question at end of your post ,,
3 fold answere

Ask your mother if you do not know who you are

realise Angels77 is a plural NOT a singular

mind your own buiseness

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

nothing is ever truly lost , just missplaced and await us

ThinkingALot

Post by ThinkingALot » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Well... quite a funny reading. My simple question caused such a fury from the "Angel":). And their English suddenly became so bad...
And still no LINK...

P.S. I ask the moderators to ban Angel for abuse.

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:07 pm

ThinkingALot wrote:Well... quite a funny reading. My simple question caused such a fury from the "Angel":). And their English suddenly became so bad...
And still no LINK...

P.S. I ask the moderators to ban Angel for abuse.
your question simple ?

i thinkperhaps you imagine others as that
if abuse is to call you rude and lazy then perhaps FINALY you have a point rather than fanboy posts for Houdart

i repeat for thehardofthinkingforthemselves GO look back at previous posts rather than expect others to cater for your lazieness
as for correct English i hardly "thinkalot" of an Eastern European lecturing a native English speaker as to the usage of Queens English, perhaps as programer you can device one to help you ...
or ask RH to plagerise an existing one for you :lol:

BTW as your well aware Angel is/are Angels77 :difus_angelic :difus_img

Cubeman

Post by Cubeman » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:14 pm

Perhaps the author of the Ipollit series is the same as the Houdini author.He may have released Ipollit to deceive the world to what he was up to and if it ever was proved that Ipollit was reversed engineered from Rybka 3 then the Houdini author could plead ignorance.It seems strange to me that Robert Houdart is the only author that really understands the ippo source and could use that as an intermediate step to save himself from future attacks.

Angel

Post by Angel » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Cubeman wrote:Perhaps the author of the Ipollit series is the same as the Houdini author.He may have released Ipollit to deceive the world to what he was up to and if it ever was proved that Ipollit was reversed engineered from Rybka 3 then the Houdini author could plead ignorance.It seems strange to me that Robert Houdart is the only author that really understands the ippo source and could use that as an intermediate step to save himself from future attacks.
Anythings possible even that Vas contrived it all as publicity stunt to help poor sales , one that went "pear shaped "

though RH realy has not shown any semblance of the sence of humor Iggor our minstrel of propaganda posecesses

As for strange.......

Yes very strange allmost as strange as Fritz etc never realy looking as if even trying to catch up with rybka ...very strange given the finacial muscle chessbase has

reverse enginereing of Whodunit may show tiny nalimove bases included in engine but wether that alone would account for the large LEAP in elo we realy wouldnt know , nor would we know if RH simply bothered to clean up the code to add to its speed

There are some superbrains here that could perhaps enlighten us all BB and Osi certainly are more than capable in our opinion :idea: