Fire 1.5 Xtreme

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
kranium

Re: Fire 1.5 Xtreme

Post by kranium » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:20 pm

DaveD wrote:Hi Norm

With all the numerous adjustable options in fire.cfg, it should be possible to create personalities of many styles and strengths for Fire 1.5 xTreme, much like the hundreds of personalites created by Chessmaster users over the years. And Fire is surely much stronger than the Chessmaster engines.

Would it be possible to have some guidance on the many adjustable parameters in fire.cfg? Especially the following sections -

// Eval Weights
// Lazy Eval
// Prune Thresholds
// Search Parameters
// Split Depths
// Time Management

Thanks for any help.
Hi Dave-

yes of course...
i'll try to provide/include a detailed UCI document, like I did for 1.31

Norm

Aixbot

Post by Aixbot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:08 am

Damir Desevac wrote:Anyone here that can fix Fire source, because the engine is crashing every time when I try and use it on Playchess server ?
Same problem, as you can see here: http://www.imagebam.com/image/c6ed9e137293704

kranium

Post by kranium » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Aixbot wrote:
Damir Desevac wrote:Anyone here that can fix Fire source, because the engine is crashing every time when I try and use it on Playchess server ?
Same problem, as you can see here: http://www.imagebam.com/image/c6ed9e137293704
I think I have resolved the issue...
am testing now.

will try to release a fix soon...
Norm

veritas

Post by veritas » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:47 pm

kranium wrote:
Aixbot wrote:
I think I have resolved the issue...
am testing now.

will try to release a fix soon...
Norm
Little use in resolveing this issue while you use piece values from ahmed ( in whatever false account he happens to use on his forum ) the kings safety is vitualy non existant as above average human player will tell you, mobilty is an issue with this , respectfully suggest you take advice from a fide player not a copy and paste piece value shuffler
youll find many highly expierenced human players / programers here , ask them for there opinions / help

DaveD

Post by DaveD » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 am

kranium wrote:
DaveD wrote:Hi Norm

With all the numerous adjustable options in fire.cfg, it should be possible to create personalities of many styles and strengths for Fire 1.5 xTreme, much like the hundreds of personalites created by Chessmaster users over the years. And Fire is surely much stronger than the Chessmaster engines.

Would it be possible to have some guidance on the many adjustable parameters in fire.cfg? Especially the following sections -

// Eval Weights
// Lazy Eval
// Prune Thresholds
// Search Parameters
// Split Depths
// Time Management

Thanks for any help.
Hi Dave-

yes of course...
i'll try to provide/include a detailed UCI document, like I did for 1.31

Norm
Hi Norm
Version 2.2 has been released and i still haven't seen a "detailed UCI document". Or perhaps i somehow missed it?

Regards
Dave