Stockfish 1.9 GTB

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Peter C

Stockfish 1.9 GTB

Post by Peter C » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:18 pm

All in all, it didn't take me very long to port the changes from the version in this post of Marco Costalba. I also added a UCI option to select the tablebase compression scheme, but it's untested, as I only have .cp4 TBs.

It does actually work; I tested it (albeit not much) and it does use the tablebases.

Please don't use by binary for testing, as it is a) only 32-bit, and b) really slow. Jim Ablett, if you could please make a JA version that would be great.

I honestly have to clue how strong it is, as I was testing it vs the standard JA compile until I realized mine was about half as fast.

Sources and slow 32-bit binary:
http://www.mediafire.com/?h8f5xyd8j4revzy

EDIT: Oh, and define USE_GTB at compile time for Gaviota TBs, and USE_EXTRA for some extra (at this point it just ups the max number of threads) stuff. This is the default in the makefile.

P.S. A lot of people have reported problems loading the engine over at talkchess.

Have fun,
Peter

ernest

Re: Stockfish 1.9 GTB

Post by ernest » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:04 pm

When I double-click on that stockfish.exe I get an error message: can't find libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll :(

Peter C

Post by Peter C » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Yeah, I feared that would happen. Wait for a good not-so-dll-hungry compile from Dann Corbit or Jim Ablett over at the CCC.

Peter

Peter C

Post by Peter C » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:33 pm

Try this (really slooooow) exe that should work for the time being. You might still need the pthreads library. Get it from here and rename it to pthread.dll. Put it in the same directory as stockfish.exe.

EDIT: Never mind, use this 64-bit one from Dann Corbit: http://cap.connx.com/chess-engines/new- ... tb.exe.bz2

Peter