Question on Chessbase software interface

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Canto

Question on Chessbase software interface

Post by Canto » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:13 am

I like very much downloading & checking out all the new UCI engines but some of them, when you go to "engine parameters", display such a long window I cannot raise it high enough with just my mouse pointer to see all the parameters. Is there some keyboard trick some of you savvy players know to move the window up enough? Thanks.

Uly

Re: Question on Chessbase software interface

Post by Uly » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:55 am

Not with in Windows, the closest you can get is: Hitting the ALT key, then releasing it, then press the DOWN key, this will give you access to the menu, from there, click the LEFT key, this will show the "Restore / Close / Size / Move" menu, here you press the DOWN key until you're at "Move", then hit ENTER.

Now you can use the arrow keys to move the window outside the screen boundaries without problems, unfortunately, after you click enter to set its place, it's brought back to the screen so you still can't get access and the whole process is useless :(

So the only way is to increase the screen resolution until you see all options, but this may not be available depending on monitor and video card (e.g. some Net books can't get higher than 1024x600).