STSStat error: "'kr' n'est pas une valeur entière correcte."

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Robert Houdart

STSStat error: "'kr' n'est pas une valeur entière correcte."

Post by Robert Houdart » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:20 pm

When running STSStat 2.5 I systematically obtain the error "'kr' n'est pas une valeur entière correcte." after opening the Arena log file.
The analyses.log file looks fine (contains all the results for the 10 STS epd files), and I'm running STSStat in the folder containing the 10 STSx.epd files.
Any ideas?

Robert

Swaminathan

Re: STSStat error: "'kr' n'est pas une valeur entière correc

Post by Swaminathan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Robert Houdart wrote:When running STSStat 2.5 I systematically obtain the error "'kr' n'est pas une valeur entière correcte." after opening the Arena log file.
The analyses.log file looks fine (contains all the results for the 10 STS epd files), and I'm running STSStat in the folder containing the 10 STSx.epd files.
Any ideas?

Robert
Please try downloading these:

Create 1 folder with...

STS files for Arena: (Put these epd's in Arena "Automatic analysis mode")
http://sites.google.com/site/strategict ... rArena.rar

Create another folder with...

STS Stat 2.5 for Processing: (load the log file in this application)
http://sites.google.com/site/strategict ... essing.rar

I have made these two folders available (and these work for me)
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite

Robert Houdart

Post by Robert Houdart » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Thank you, it works now!

Is it correct that STSStat has a problem with the more recent epd files (used in Arena) which don't contain the special comments for scoring the moves that are present in the older epd files?

If the two sets of epd files contain exactly the same positions, is there a reason for not using the older epd files in Arena?

Robert

sirabc

Post by sirabc » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:31 am

The problem seems to be the set of epds that came with "New STS Stat 2.5 - Original.rar" which are now in "STS Files for Arena.rar ". The second set of epds in "STS Stat 2.5 Processing.rar" and "STS [1-10].rar" work fine in both Arena and STSStat.exe. Either set of epds can be used with Arena to generate the log file, but only the second set works with STSStat.exe.

Swaminathan

Post by Swaminathan » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:49 am

Robert Houdart wrote:Thank you, it works now!

Is it correct that STSStat has a problem with the more recent epd files (used in Arena) which don't contain the special comments for scoring the moves that are present in the older epd files?

If the two sets of epd files contain exactly the same positions, is there a reason for not using the older epd files in Arena?

Robert
I'm not sure what the problem was. But I'm glad that you got it working. :)

One set ccontains scores for alternate moves (used in STS Stat), and other set do not contain alternate moves (which is to be used in Arena)

I guess making both the folders available solved the problem, and Sirabc's observation explains it.
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite