Private19sf

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Homayoun

Re: Private19sf

Post by Homayoun » Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:45 am

OrgZ wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:09 am
Homayoun wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:36 pm
Hi
Try to keep this engine (C Dragon) up always. It’s the best engine of yours I have seen . ( it is just my idea and may be I am wrong. ) I don’t say this just for it’s results in tournaments. May be in another tournament with different conditions we see different results. Killifish is also very strong and interesting engine too. But about your C-Dragon engine, besides the strength, I consider it’s playing style and I want to repeat here: It plays perfect.
Best regards
i agree, but the problem is that he demands too many changes. C_Dragon is not just a search change too many source files are altered for the code that i wrote to work + alot of testing.
Ok. It is not specific for C Dragon. You always spend a lot of time and work hard on your projects to provide worthy engines for chess community. And it is really admirable. ;)
When I used this version of C Dragon I understood the changes although I don’t know anything about source code and chess programming, but the way that engine plays can tell us everything.
Best regards

OrgZ

Post by OrgZ » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:37 am

capachess wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:10 am
OrgZ wrote:
Homayoun wrote:
Hi
Try to keep this engine (C Dragon) up always. It’s the best engine of yours I have seen . ( it is just my idea and may be I am wrong. ) I don’t say this just for it’s results in tournaments. May be in another tournament with different conditions we see different results. Killifish is also very strong and interesting engine too. But about your C-Dragon engine, besides the strength, I consider it’s playing style and I want to repeat here: It plays perfect.
Best regards
i agree, but the problem is that he demands too many changes. C_Dragon is not just a search change too many source files are altered for the code that i wrote to work + alot of testing.
Congratulations on your good work :difus_27
Thanks mate

@Homayoun
Indeed my pcs are always busy. Right now as i type here one of them is running book games, my book MegaTron vs all books and the other is running Marauders 3.7 two variants playing it off, there were 3 one is eliminated. I have 2 weeks working on Marauders still unsure about releasing🤔. Am still pleased by 3.6 his running my book games with SF-POLY and other engines very well.

Homayoun

Post by Homayoun » Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:57 am

:difus_19

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:57 am

OrgZ wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:37 am
capachess wrote:
OrgZ wrote:
Homayoun wrote:
Hi
Best regards
Thanks mate

@Homayoun
Indeed my pcs are always busy. Right now as i type here one of them is running book games, my book MegaTron vs all books and the other is running Marauders 3.7 two variants playing it off, there were 3 one is eliminated. I have 2 weeks working on Marauders still unsure about releasing🤔. Am still pleased by 3.6 his running my book games with SF-POLY and other engines very well.
Hello Mate )

Well, I am pretty sure also that
You work hard on books and engines..
And there are not many as you...!!
Thank you very much for all...

While you mentioned SF-POLY,
Let me say please my 2 cents )

In short,
You may noticed or not in Candidates CS LII..in 500 games:
Latest SF-POLY ver has lost 2 games on time, sad indeed (
If not clear, it' very critical issue, 500 games is not BIG data!
Not sure exactly about why SF POLY could not qualify...but
It seems your latest SF POLY is not so much stable!

By the way, e.g with previous (older) SF-POLY versions,
I never noticed any played game to be lost on time...!
Actually with almost all rest Top chess engines,
I can not remember time losses..e.g Raubfish SC is played
Million+ of games and there is no single lost game on time!!

One thing more, you may remember or not?) e.g:
With high concurrent games (64), some of your engines were not stable too!
But I found a solution, such as testing those buggy ones as without Syzygy..
But in case of time loses.. I think that it's a programming issue...sure I can
Try to help..such as increasing SF-POLY move overhead to 500+ or 1000+ but
No idea what will be the influence over SF-POLY's strength performance...

And meanwhile, just another new idea is born,
Instead of working over many engine projects...
Why you do not concentrate over one or two engines?
Frankly, I think in that way, with less... I expect that
Your great engines will be stronger and more stable for sure!
Btw, here is a good saying over these issues:
You can't dance at two weddings )

After all, you are the boss, in any case..
My respect...

Greetings )

OrgZ

Post by OrgZ » Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:09 pm

Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:57 am
OrgZ wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:37 am
capachess wrote:
OrgZ wrote:
Homayoun wrote:
Hi
Best regards
Thanks mate

@Homayoun
Hello Mate )

In short,

My respect...

Greetings )
Hello mate. ;)

SF-POLY
sometimes parameters play a role in timelosses. this I know I have been doing this for quit a while. and even stockfish developers do encounter timelosses not only due to parameters but to the code merged, hardware etc. sometimes its not the engine but the hardware/terms of the playoff. Engines like Raubfisch are of VERY Architecture (small net). the code structure has changed so much. But next time i'll see how I can sort it.

Engine strength:
its just that you can't read source codes.but let me set it clear for everyone. I don't just take stockfish dev ideas or beta tests (here like everyone https://tests.stockfishchess.org/actions) and make them my own. I write my own codes and merge with the stockfish betas. I tune search, eval, nnue, movepick files to my own parameters. whereas others are just copying and pasting and claiming to have do work. that's y I keep my work to my self!.

adding polybook,minimum thinking time and Slow mover has nothing to do with increasing the engine's strength.

Multiple engines:
If you have noticed buddy, I did write that some here are once OFF! these are those which are my personal engines that I use mainly for book games, random tournaments, analysis etc. so I decided to share some of them. i do not update them regularly NO. i can even take 10 months or a year. so my main engines at this time are two Hazard JigSaw and Marauders.
As for Private19sf that engine is a 4 man engine as have already stated.

There people who do similar to how i do to my engines, by putting their own work, such as MZ, Dorsz, Khalid, Nemeth is doing what we call experimenting he is not just depending on ivec's work but he tests different values for himself thats derivating. Anton used to do such when he was working with Tactical and spectral etc but as for killfish there's nothing that he's doing apart from copy and paste. i don't know about his other private engines though. I once saw the engine catropoly, the author was adding his own stuff! and it was nice meeting such engines on the battle field. there might be more who do so but i do not know them, since their engines are private! and good for them.

some sell, i will never buy nor sell stockfish or any other chess engine. one of the reasons why am doing this to offer somthing different or a chess engine to does who do not have money to buy chess engines, i believe SOLIDOR has the same goal!

so whenever my engines play and get a good rank such as being on the top 10 amongst stockfish derivatives i really get please because i know it was my work.

Stay well
TR

Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz » Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:55 pm

OrgZ wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 1:09 pm
Sedat Canbaz wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:57 am

Hello Mate )

In short,

My respect...

Greetings )
Hello mate. ;)

SF-POLY
sometimes parameters play a role in timelosses. this I know I have been doing this for quit a while. and even stockfish developers do encounter timelosses not only due to parameters but to the code merged, hardware etc. sometimes its not the engine but the hardware/terms of the playoff. Engines like Raubfisch are of VERY Architecture (small net). the code structure has changed so much. But next time i'll see how I can sort it.

Engine strength:
its just that you can't read source codes.but let me set it clear for everyone. I don't just take stockfish dev ideas or beta tests (here like everyone https://tests.stockfishchess.org/actions) and make them my own. I write my own codes and merge with the stockfish betas. I tune search, eval, nnue, movepick files to my own parameters. whereas others are just copying and pasting and claiming to have do work. that's y I keep my work to my self!.

adding polybook,minimum thinking time and Slow mover has nothing to do with increasing the engine's strength.

Multiple engines:
If you have noticed buddy, I did write that some here are once OFF! these are those which are my personal engines that I use mainly for book games, random tournaments, analysis etc. so I decided to share some of them. i do not update them regularly NO. i can even take 10 months or a year. so my main engines at this time are two Hazard JigSaw and Marauders.
As for Private19sf that engine is a 4 man engine as have already stated.

There people who do similar to how i do to my engines, by putting their own work, such as MZ, Dorsz, Khalid, Nemeth is doing what we call experimenting he is not just depending on ivec's work but he tests different values for himself thats derivating. Anton used to do such when he was working with Tactical and spectral etc but as for killfish there's nothing that he's doing apart from copy and paste. i don't know about his other private engines though. I once saw the engine catropoly, the author was adding his own stuff! and it was nice meeting such engines on the battle field. there might be more who do so but i do not know them, since their engines are private! and good for them.

some sell, i will never buy nor sell stockfish or any other chess engine. one of the reasons why am doing this to offer somthing different or a chess engine to does who do not have money to buy chess engines, i believe SOLIDOR has the same goal!

so whenever my engines play and get a good rank such as being on the top 10 amongst stockfish derivatives i really get please because i know it was my work.

Stay well
TR
Thank you for detailed info...

See you later

Greetings