MPV mode doesn't work in Tornado 3.6.7

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Hagen

MPV mode doesn't work in Tornado 3.6.7

Post by Hagen » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Latest version of Tornado was released this morning. UCI engine that works well...UNLESS...you use Arena for the GUI. I can confirm Tornado doesn't play FRC at all in Arena and it doesn't work with MPV mode turned on at all in *any* GUI. Turning on MPV mode in Tornado causes the engine to ponder its move for too long and makes it lose games on time. For example...in one game I played as Black...Tornado pondered for over 15 minutes...after move 3?!

You must turn off MPV mode in Aquarium or Arena for Tornado to work. However I can confirm that Tornado dies when playing FRC in Arena. This needs fixing. This is a long standing issue and I hope there's someone on this board who can alert the programmer to Tornado to look into this. I can't seem to email the person who made this engine about the problem. So hopefully somebody here who recognizes the engine can figure out a way of contacting the owner of the code and tell him/her about the problem.

Thanks.