ProDeo 1.7

Discussion about chess-playing software (engines, hosts, opening books, platforms, etc...)
Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

ProDeo 1.7

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:03 am

In case anyone missed the news, the sleeping giant Ed Schröder has stirred from his slumbers to release a totally unexpected update to his engine ProDeo: here. If you grab it, don't forget to get the new personality files (on the right hand side of the page). This should make a lot of folks happy.

Thanks, Ed.

jb

kingliveson

Re: ProDeo 1.7

Post by kingliveson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:50 am

I guess all the latest scandals brought memories of the glory days... :) thanks Ed, for the update!!
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

dragon49

Post by dragon49 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:55 am

Ed,

Great to see you back@ I remember the Rebel 9 days, when it was the top engine, and it had to coolest looking interface

I am having a problem with the Fritz12 Interface. I created the "rebeluci" engine, and can play engine matches. The issue is, I can't figure out how to disable the opening book. If I move or delete mainbook.bin or tourbook.bin, prodeo doesn't move after the gui has finished forcing the moves from my chosen *.ctg opening book. I also see 0% cpu usage from the engine under these circumstances. If disabling the book is not a possibility, please add a uci option to do so. When I play engine matches, I like to have both engines use the same *.ctg books with the same settings, in order to repeat openings with colors reversed.

Thanks

Uly

Post by Uly » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:13 am

dragon49 wrote:The issue is, I can't figure out how to disable the opening book.
Unless Ed changed things around, this is how you do it:

Open the file WB2UCI.ENG with a text editor, there, find the following line:

;InitString = BookOff/n

Remove the ; so it looks like this:

InitString = BookOff/n

Save the file.

Now Pro Deo will not use its opening book.

I was very happy when knowing about the release, since I was telling Ed how unfair it was that he didn't work on Pro Deo 1.7 just because Holland lost the soccer world championship (the true story is that Ed would have worked on it if they won the cup, but they lost it), so it was a great surprise to know he would improve the engine after all :)

Now, the initial release wasn't ready and he was going to update the file, I'll check if it's ready.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Uly wrote:
dragon49 wrote:The issue is, I can't figure out how to disable the opening book.

;InitString = BookOff/n

InitString = BookOff/n

Save the file.

I was very happy when knowing about the release, since I was telling Ed how unfair it was that he didn't work on Pro Deo 1.7 just because Holland lost the soccer world championship (the true story is that Ed would have worked on it if they won the cup, but they lost it), so it was a great surprise to know he would improve the engine after all :)

Now, the initial release wasn't ready and he was going to update the file, I'll check if it's ready.

Because Holland lost? lol, Everyone knew it was Spain's year...but thanks for the info :)
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

dragon49

Post by dragon49 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:56 am

This worked.

My virtual Mexican friend followed me to another forum to help! Awesome!!!

Uly wrote:

;InitString = BookOff/n

InitString = BookOff/n

Save the file.

Uly

Post by Uly » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:41 am

kingliveson wrote:Because Holland lost? lol, Everyone knew it was Spain's year...but thanks for the info :)
No, I didn't. I've been cheering for Holland for 20 years to win the cup, and I thought it was going to be their year at last.

I just hope I see them win in my lifetime, otherwise... it would suck...
dragon49 wrote:My virtual Mexican friend followed me to another forum to help! Awesome!!!
:D