CTF - bottle of whisky and a revolver?

General discussion about computer chess...
Chris Whittington

CTF - bottle of whisky and a revolver?

Post by Chris Whittington » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:39 pm

CTF is a stain on the face of computer chess, why don't they put it out of its misery?

thorstenczub

Re: CTF - bottle of whisky and a revolver?

Post by thorstenczub » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:47 pm

they are christians.
Inquisition. Burning witches. 2000 years of traditional antisemitism. Holocaust.

they can stand a lot of shit and still believe in it.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:05 pm

thorstenczub wrote:they are christians.
Inquisition. Burning witches. 2000 years of traditional antisemitism. Holocaust.

They're a general embarrassment. They have zero to do with computer chess. Nobody in computer chess has anything to do with the place. Close them down.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:19 pm

Chris Whittington wrote:

They're a general embarrassment. They have zero to do with computer chess. Nobody in computer chess has anything to do with the place. Close them down.
Who actually cares, though? I don't log into Talkchess anymore, so I can't see it, so I certainly don't. Presumably Uncle Timmy and Chris Conkie are still sharpening up their "cutting-edge discourse" (as Chris once described it), researching new ways of introducing subtlety into white supremacist leitkultur.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:22 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
Chris Whittington wrote:

Who actually cares, though? I don't log into Talkchess anymore, so I can't see it, so I certainly don't. Presumably Uncle Timmy and Chris Conkie are still sharpening up their "cutting-edge discourse" (as Chris once described it), researching new ways of introducing subtlety into white supremacist leitkultur.
Which is why the cc "community" should close them down. They have zilch to do with comp chess in any way shape or form and everything to do with fascism under the influence of drugs. I jest not.

lmader

Post by lmader » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:27 pm

I have never actually paid any attention to the CTF forum, but on seeing this thread I decided to go over there and read through some of the posts.

I only have one word: OMFG

So, I agree, it's a scary place, at least to my sensibilities. However, that being said, who cares. The topics and discourse there will select for the people that want to participate, and the rest will run screaming in white knuckled terror into the night. I suppose the only bummer is that it is associated with chess based on its forum hosting and name.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:33 pm

lmader wrote:I have never actually paid any attention to the CTF forum, but on seeing this thread I decided to go over there and read through some of the posts.

I only have one word: OMFG

So, I agree, it's a scary place, at least to my sensibilities. However, that being said, who cares. The topics and discourse there will select for the people that want to participate, and the rest will run screaming in white knuckled terror into the night. I suppose the only bummer is that it is associated with chess based on its forum hosting and name.
I agree, if those nuts want to go make their own forum, fine, no problem. Problem is, for the more serious cc people, that the madness is hosted by, and a spin off part, of a forum that, theoretically, is owned by the cc community.

You have to ask why is it hidden? Embarrassment? Why are any of the forums hidden? And what do new people who turn up, sign in, think? That cc is a den of madmen? Probably so.

lmader

Post by lmader » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Yeah, a casual reader glancing at that forum might think that CC people were a bunch of obsessive nutjobs sadly in need of a life.

Oh wait...

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:40 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote: researching new ways of introducing subtlety into white supremacist leitkultur.
:lol:

orgfert

Post by orgfert » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:59 am

lmader wrote:Yeah, a casual reader glancing at that forum might think that CC people were a bunch of obsessive nutjobs sadly in need of a life.
What's hilarious is that Chris Whittington was a mod in CTF not too long ago and an enthusiastic participant, trolling and raking muck with the worst of them. He was definitely in his element.