New: IvanHoe-Beta-999958m

General discussion about computer chess...
benstoker

New: IvanHoe-Beta-999958m

Post by benstoker » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:53 pm

Submitted June 17, 2010:

Lots of changes. Link below:

http://ippolit.wikispaces.com/file/view ... m-Beta.tar

Swaminathan

Re: New: IvanHoe-Beta-999958m

Post by Swaminathan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:27 am

benstoker wrote:Submitted June 17, 2010:

Lots of changes. Link below:

http://ippolit.wikispaces.com/file/view ... m-Beta.tar
Any .exe?

Ivanhoe is the only engine that's able to load lines faster in multi-Pv mode.

Other engines seem to take bit of a time.
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite

xshat

Post by xshat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:58 am

It appears there are extensive amounts of errors when people try to compile. Someone needs to fix these bugs before any EXE can be released.

Swaminathan

Post by Swaminathan » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:18 am

xshat wrote:It appears there are extensive amounts of errors when people try to compile. Someone needs to fix these bugs before any EXE can be released.
Oh I see. perhaps many changes that have been implemented may have caused this, but then again many changes is always a good thing I suppose, as we get little bit more unique style and may even contribute to sudden changes in elo.
Logo made by Ulysses P (Vytron)
Co-Authored with Dann Corbit: Strategic Test Suite

xshat

Post by xshat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:35 am

Swaminathan wrote:
xshat wrote:It appears there are extensive amounts of errors when people try to compile. Someone needs to fix these bugs before any EXE can be released.
Oh I see. perhaps many changes that have been implemented may have caused this, but then again many changes is always a good thing I suppose, as we get little bit more unique style and may even contribute to sudden changes in elo.
Judging from the nature of the posts on the ippolit wiki, it seems the person who uploaded the source code left out a couple important files on accident or something.

TheKnilch

Post by TheKnilch » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:43 am

Hi all,

the reason is 'very' simple.

Ivanhoe58 sources are ready for Linux compile. Simple download them for example under Ubuntu, switch to the directory, type MAKE and you have a working executable out of the box. Use it with SCID.

Unfortunately getting a working windows compile is not so simple. This is the work which is down by PeterPan or the other guys working on this issue. So give them the amount of time they needed. ;)

In the meantime you could install Ubuntu (or any other Linux distrubition) and have fun with it (and with the newest Ivanhoe).

Just my few cents.
TK

xshat

Post by xshat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:03 pm

TheKnilch wrote:Hi all,

the reason is 'very' simple.

Ivanhoe58 sources are ready for Linux compile. Simple download them for example under Ubuntu, switch to the directory, type MAKE and you have a working executable out of the box. Use it with SCID.

Unfortunately getting a working windows compile is not so simple. This is the work which is down by PeterPan or the other guys working on this issue. So give them the amount of time they needed. ;)

In the meantime you could install Ubuntu (or any other Linux distrubition) and have fun with it (and with the newest Ivanhoe).

Just my few cents.
TK
Could you upload a linux EXE?

TheKnilch

Post by TheKnilch » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Sure is this possible. 8-)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qzgm0wdryiy/IvanHoe-Beta

Linux Executable / Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 64 Bit

But it should be easier to install to your Linux box the essentiall packages which are needed to compile it yourself. It's only a MAKE then.

Greetings
TK

xshat

Post by xshat » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:23 pm

TheKnilch wrote:Sure is this possible. 8-)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qzgm0wdryiy/IvanHoe-Beta

Linux Executable / Ubuntu Lucid Lynx 64 Bit

But it should be easier to install to your Linux box the essentiall packages which are needed to compile it yourself. It's only a MAKE then.

Greetings
TK
I tried to download cygwin and then I typed MAKE in the ivanhoe dir but it said error unknown command.
Thanks for exe I will try to run it in my windows 32 bit with some kind of program

TheKnilch

Post by TheKnilch » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:43 pm

Sorry, but I think that is not possible.

The file will only run under a LINUX environment and there under a 64Bit one. I'm not sure if it run's on all distributions (SUSE, DEBIAN, etc). Therefore I recommend to compile (MAKE) it directly from the source files.

Greetings
TK