Ippolit and derivatives will never be favorably accepted.

General discussion about computer chess...
Harvey Williamson

Re: Ippolit and derivatives will never be favorably accepted

Post by Harvey Williamson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:36 pm

thorstenczub wrote:its NOT off topic to discuss in this thread why hiarcs forum forbids links to
other chess programs.

Hiarcs is a commercial forum and has an interest to show hiarcs in the best light.
giving a link to a stronger freeware program is something that attacks the commercial hiarcs
forum, and therefore they delete it.

just a plein commercial decision.

its not a forum to discuss computerchess. its a forum to advertise hiarcs.
Agreed it is not a forum for you to discuss on as you are not a member. I suspect if you were a member you would find links for several strong freeware programs like StockFish.

Now what do you think about what Vas had to say today and some of the interesting theories posted here earlier?

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:40 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:I think it is hilarious all you guys are trying to hijack this thread. That is all I have to say.
its interesting to see, harvey, how the amount of content you write in a discussion has to do with the fact, that you cannot delete or ban those people who disagree with you.
i guess it is a completely new experience for you not to control the discussion by censoring them,
banning those with different opinions or beeing able to throw out people from newsgroups or playchess-areas. i think this somehow reduces your output, isn't it ?

;)

BTO7

Post by BTO7 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:42 pm

I think after reading the past couple of pages in this post ....we are nearing in on the circumstances. The list has to be very short then and Vas has to actually know who it is. I high five the guy for taking his programming skills and hitting the road. Proly got tired of Vas ways and left. Another thing nobody even thinks of is....Vas wife is a strong chess player too and I'm sure she has access to all Vas work ect. I'm sure she knows plenty of people too so leaks around the house are possible in more then one way. Bottom line tho ...looks Vas dont really have a leg to stand on. He claims he would write the documentation up if the author/authors came forward....but again how is this possible? He said he doesnt have the code....means he doesn't have proof ...thus its BS he will write it up in two years or ever. He has nothing and Ippolit are not clones and ideas are not copyrightable. Looks its time to unban the excellent IPPO family.

Regards
BT

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:44 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:its NOT off topic to discuss in this thread why hiarcs forum forbids links to
other chess programs.

Hiarcs is a commercial forum and has an interest to show hiarcs in the best light.
giving a link to a stronger freeware program is something that attacks the commercial hiarcs

Agreed it is not a forum for you to discuss on as you are not a member. I suspect if you were a member you would find links for several strong freeware programs like StockFish.

Now what do you think about what Vas had to say today and some of the interesting theories posted here earlier?
Well I don't know Harvey, are those posts on some super secret sub-forum?
Last edited by Kevin Frayer on Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:45 pm

thorstenczub wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:I think it is hilarious all you guys are trying to hijack this thread. That is all I have to say.
its interesting to see, harvey, how the amount of content you write in a discussion has to do with the fact, that you cannot delete or ban those people who disagree with you.
i guess it is a completely new experience for you not to control the discussion by censoring them,
banning those with different opinions or beeing able to throw out people from newsgroups or playchess-areas. i think this somehow reduces your output, isn't it ?

;)
lol this is making my night. You were not banned from the Hiarcs forum you asked to be deleted. As far as I know all the others taking part in this debate are members of the hiarcs forum.

On Playchess it is my job to enforce the rules. You have been a moderator several times yourself usually ending in tears when you can not resist publishing private emails.

Now what do you think about about the current status of Ippo etc which is what this thread is about?

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Kevin Frayer wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
other chess programs.

Well I don't know Harvey, are those posts on some super secret sub-forum?
No, they are in this thread.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:58 pm

BTO7 wrote:I think after reading the past couple of pages in this post ....we are nearing in on the circumstances. The list has to be very short then and Vas has to actually know who it is. I high five the guy for taking his programming skills and hitting the road. Proly got tired of Vas ways and left. Another thing nobody even thinks of is....Vas wife is a strong chess player too and I'm sure she has access to all Vas work ect. I'm sure she knows plenty of people too so leaks around the house are possible in more then one way. Bottom line tho ...looks Vas dont really have a leg to stand on. He claims he would write the documentation up if the author/authors came forward....but again how is this possible? He said he doesnt have the code....means he doesn't have proof ...thus its BS he will write it up in two years or ever. He has nothing and Ippolit are not clones and ideas are not copyrightable. Looks its time to unban the excellent IPPO family.

Regards
BT
I suspect when he says he does not have the R3 source he is splitting hairs. Rybka 2.xxx was probably compiled as R3 and he may well have that source code. If he does not he will have a version that is very close as I am sure he produces several versions every week.

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:

;)
lol this is making my night. You were not banned from the Hiarcs forum you asked to be deleted. As far as I know all the others taking part in this debate are members of the hiarcs forum.

On Playchess it is my job to enforce the rules. You have been a moderator several times yourself usually ending in tears when you can not resist publishing private emails.

Now what do you think about about the current status of Ippo etc which is what this thread is about?
Actually Harvey that is not true, I have been banned from the Hiarcs Forum. Its just that nobody sent me any kind of notification. My Name (Frayer) and password no longer allow me to log in.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:04 pm

Kevin Frayer wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:

;)

Actually Harvey that is not true, I have been banned from the Hiarcs Forum. Its just that nobody sent me any kind of notification. My Name (Frayer) and password no longer allow me to log in.
Your login there is 'kevin Frayer' I just checked and it is active.

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:38 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Kevin Frayer wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
thorstenczub wrote:

;)

Your login there is 'kevin Frayer' I just checked and it is active.
Sorry Harvey, this is just not the case. I have not been able to get into your forum for some time now. (perhaps you should check with Rob)

My internet browser said my login name on Hiarc Forum was (Frayer) and retained a password. When I tried Kevin Frayer as you just suggested and ask for a new pass word be sent to my email, this is what I got. (The maximum number of 5 login attempts has been exceeded. You are not allowed to login for the next 30 minutes.)

But you see, its not hardly worth it. I am still upset that Rob moved a discussion that included myself and Don Juan to a non public part of this forum and renamed it Laurel and Hardy. It seemed very disrespectful to me.