Ippolit and derivatives will never be favorably accepted.

General discussion about computer chess...
Kevin Frayer

Re: Ippolit and derivatives will never be favorably accepted

Post by Kevin Frayer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:17 am

Harvey Williamson wrote:It was not moved. It is where it has always been. Jeremy has access to that sub forum.
So, Harvey, what do you call a sub-forum so secret that someone that has been a member for 5 years can not even see exists?
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:25 am

Kevin Frayer wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:It was not moved. It is where it has always been. Jeremy has access to that sub forum.
So, Harvey, what do you call a sub-forum so secret that someone that has been a member for 5 years can not even see exists?
The Edge

BTO7

Post by BTO7 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:28 am

Vas' response:

By Vasik Rajlich Date 2010-06-16 07:38

> But practically nothing is identical or appears to be copied

Really?

> my integrity compels me to conclude that you simply cannot dismiss a rival as a clone without evidence

Maybe this is a valid point. I feel like the anonymity of the program gives me the right to do this. If a real author stepped forward, obviously I would never make an accusatory statement without careful documentation.

Anyway, I can accept some disagreement about this point.

> and finally we have solid, objective and ample technical evidence to the contrary.

I can assure you that you don't.

Vas

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

* Private message
* Website
* AIM

Lets take a closer look .....Vas says...."I feel like the anonymity of the program gives me the right to do this." Notice "I" feel like...meaning even if its not right ....he has convinced himself he has the right regardless of what anyone thinks. Hes basically giving himself the right...right or wrong. Then here is what i think is key....."If a real author stepped forward, obviously I would never make an accusatory statement without careful documentation." now I'm no psychologist but my gut is telling me ...what is really bothering him ...is the author won't tell him who he is....thus Vas feels then he should just be a prick until the guy steps forward....THEN he would give him credit and documentation of what he thinks. Its almost like he just said that (Ippo's are clones) because there was no author...but if there had been THEN he would of proved it? One shouldn't say it without the FACTS period. In Vas book its seems if you dont say who you are he has the right to call you names...a cheat ...liar and anything else then (form of bullying). Funny seems Vas is more worried about who this guy is with the smoke screen of calling the guy a cloner...because if he was really worried about something stolen he would have put up proof. Its bugging Vas that he dont know who it is....so his plan is to act like it doesn't bother him so the guys eventually reveal themselves ploy? Again the typical lazy way of getting out of actually proving it. He says 2 years LOL like he says everything else. Hes not gonna write it up in 2yrs as long as he can monopolize the industry with silence. He also knows in two years nobody will care and thus he wont have to do no work. He said Cloud was coming in two weeks ..hasn't happened.....said he would give the new specs settings and tweaks with a write up on R4 when released...didn't happen....said R3 would get updates ....never happened.....said R4 would be out for summer 2009 ....never happened ....said it would then be out for Christmas 2009 ....never happened.....said R4 would be worth the wait thus only 30ish elo...hardly worth a 2yr wait. Am I the only one that sees a pattern here ? Seems Vas says a lot of things he dont back up IMHO.

Regards
BT

Uly

Post by Uly » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:29 am

And I choose the name :), we already have a Flip Side so The Edge was the next logical step.

Requirement for access is 500 posts, though Jeremy was granted special access on request.

BTO7

Post by BTO7 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:44 am

Sheesh i almost forgot ...ONE more thing ....again Vas says..."I would never make an accusatory statement without careful documentation." but didn't he say he lost the R3 code ? So how then could he possibly write up and prove anything with documentation as he says ? Again its BS

BT

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:45 am

Ovyron wrote:And I choose the name :), we already have a Flip Side so The Edge was the next logical step.

Requirement for access is 500 posts, though Jeremy was granted special access on request.
Of course you can do whatever you like on your own forum, but ultimately, these kind of 'secret' places with arbitrary entrance requirements serve not much more than to give feelings of exclusivity and importance to the probably unimportant whilst randomly excluding everybody else. Which brings me back to a recurring thought that the Comp Chess CLUB tapped into a desire of many to 'belong' and automatically created an inclusive/exclusive ideology which allowed Banks/Conkie (for example) to campaign on a 'clean-up' ticket, which basically meant elimination for some and artificial importance for others (in the likeness of Conkie/Banks of course). This kind of eliminationist exclusivity leads only one way, perpetual war which, because it all takes place on an OPEN internet, will lead to the demise of the eliminators. As CCC currently proves. Rybka forum too.

Open is the only way to go.

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:46 am

Ovyron wrote:And I choose the name :), we already have a Flip Side so The Edge was the next logical step.

And this would be the next logical step in censorship, from your point of view?

I hereby respectfully request access to the Rybka Sub-Forum know as The Edge.

If I need to make this request in a more formal way please let me know.

Chris Whittington

Post by Chris Whittington » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:50 am

Kevin Frayer wrote:

ditto

me too .....

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:55 am

Kevin Frayer wrote:

You should drop a note to Felix Kling at the rybkaforum. Harvey's got nothing to do with it (as far as I know).

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:04 am

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
Kevin Frayer wrote:

You should drop a note to Felix Kling at the rybkaforum. Harvey's got nothing to do with it (as far as I know).
The request was directed to the poster using the pseudonym (Ovyron). As he made the claim he chose the name The Edge.