the wonderful world of logic and the "clones" issues

General discussion about computer chess...
Robert Houdart

Re: the wonderful world of logic and the "clones" issues

Post by Robert Houdart » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 pm

stvs wrote:congrats robert for your work,seems ( as svidler admitted) the majority of super GMs use houdini now.so i have one proposition ,
u have got a lot defamation,insults etc. wouldnt be a good reason for u to take some legal measures against them ?
I can live with disrespect and name-calling, no need for any legal action.
Thanks for your offer.

tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Robert Houdart wrote:
tomgdrums wrote:What would you consider a commercial application?
Two examples:
- Including Houdini in a chess database package
- Using Houdini to provide an analysis service on a chess web site
In that case, watch out for the Bookup guy. He likes to install free chess programs into his software packages and then sell them. (although the Stockfish guys had no real problem with it.)

tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:22 pm

stvs wrote:congrats robert for your work,seems ( as svidler admitted) the majority of super GMs use houdini now.so i have one proposition ,
u have got a lot defamation,insults etc. wouldnt be a good reason for u to take some legal measures against them ? i mean ofcourse law suit
my father is lawer and afaik just a small sample of these post against u ,its enough to bring a law suit and too easy to catch them
i had a chance to talk with my country " pursuit of electronic crime" http://www.dart.gov.gr/NewsInner.aspx?n ... &nwc_id=22
email omada@dart.gr and i can assure u that u can wipe out them easily within hours. they can communicate with other countries in
europe union fast. if u want any help i can send u pm thanx.

Well by that token, Vas could sue a bunch of people as well. He has been getting verbally drug through the mud.