A couple of posts deleted from the Rybka forum

General discussion about computer chess...
Uly

Re: Censorship on the Rybka forum

Post by Uly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:28 am

It has been brought to my attention that OpenChess moderation may also be "selective", in the way some posts are left to stay while others are moderated (maybe the moderated ones are ones reported by users, just like in Rybka Forum?)

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:22 am

Uly wrote:
kingliveson wrote:Selective moderation turns people off.
The difference:

The post with insults towards bob wasn't reported.

The post that Jeremy posted was reported.

See the difference? I'd say it's lazy moderation, as they only pay attention to what is reported, but I'd not say it's selective.

Report a post with an insult towards bob, if nothing is done about it, then I'll agree. But you can't make accusations of that kind without checking it.
For the record, the MODERATORS have actually directed insults toward me. So that "explanation" won't pass muster. But I REALLY don't worry about insults from that crowd. With no credibility, who would really care what they think. They are just spouting pro-rybka and anti-anything-against-rybka nonsense daily.

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:24 am

Prima wrote:
K I Hyams wrote:Out of interest, I can tell you that one of the "senior" members on the Rybka forum, a man who describes himself as a "friend of Vas", told me that I was "a bit of shit" and to "crawl back into the arse out of which I came". The fact that gives it interest is that one of the moderators gave the comments legitimacy by replying to the post that contained them.
It has to be either Lukas Cinmiotti or Banned for Life. Exhibition of such vile, unrefined, low-intellectual behavior and/or dialogue is typical characteristics of these two Rybka moderators.

I do not believe they can post a response to any point I raise without at least one direct personal insult. Just read. I occasionally give 'em a barb back, but not very often. More fun to watch them make jackasses of themselves. That, they are GOOD at.

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:15 am

Uly wrote:It has been brought to my attention that OpenChess moderation may also be "selective", in the way some posts are left to stay while others are moderated (maybe the moderated ones are ones reported by users, just like in Rybka Forum?)
You're a moderator here, Uly, and have access to the moderation forum and (I believe) logs. Which posts have been moderated in the last year?

Jeremy

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Uly wrote:
kingliveson wrote:Selective moderation turns people off.
The difference:

The post with insults towards bob wasn't reported.

The post that Jeremy posted was reported.

See the difference? I'd say it's lazy moderation, as they only pay attention to what is reported, but I'd not say it's selective.

Report a post with an insult towards bob, if nothing is done about it, then I'll agree. But you can't make accusations of that kind without checking it.

what if moderators POST in that thread, and even reply to such posts directly? Do they not SEE them? :)

it is what it is over there. no big deal considering the sources.

Uly

Post by Uly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:Which posts have been moderated in the last year?
And which posts have been moderated on Rybka Forum since the Felix era finished?

Just:

One where bob made an insult and it was deleted.
One where bob told someone else that if he was him he'd commit suicide, and it was deleted.
One in where you were calling people monkeys.

Oh yeah, what a big censorship is happening at Rybka Forum :roll:

Jeremy Bernstein
Site Admin

Post by Jeremy Bernstein » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Uly wrote:
And which posts have been moderated on Rybka Forum since the Felix era finished?

Just:

One where bob told someone else that if he was him he'd commit suicide, and it was deleted.

What does that have to do with the moderation at OpenChess?

jb

Uly

Post by Uly » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Read PM...

K I Hyams

Post by K I Hyams » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
Uly wrote:

Just:

What does that have to do with the moderation at OpenChess?

jb
Not only is Uly's comment not an answer to your question, it is also untrue. The reason why I didn't provide names to accompany the incident to which I referred was because I don't have the evidence; the (perfectly polite) post that I wrote which provoked the abuse, together with the abusive reply and the subsequent contribution of the moderator were all deleted.

Harvey Williamson

Re: A couple of posts deleted from the Rybka forum

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:44 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:Not surprising. This thread has been edited, such that my explanation of Ed's misleading data is no longer available. Since plenty of insults remain, I don't believe that's the reason.
post1.png
post2.png
EDIT: thread title changed to less sensationalist description of what happened.
It is not just you - this post of mine was just deleted. No complaint was made it was deleted as soon as i posted it.