PlayChess Machine Room Exclusion Policy

General discussion about computer chess...
kingliveson

Re: PlayChess Machine Room Exclusion Policy

Post by kingliveson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:41 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:
kingliveson wrote:This is getting embarrassing. Do I need to spell out A B C? Let's see if hiarcs forum mods bite... :roll:
Typical puerile, "oh I was just asking a simple question" post from Mr. Banks, intended to "embarrass" CEGT in light of their decision to test Houdini. And in light of the developments a couple of hours later on PlayChess, even dumber-sounding than usual. I forecast ugly backlashes on HIARCS and Rybka fora for a while, although that post with the word "Houdini" has been there for 4 days now. Harvey might be too pissed off right now to want to deal with it, though, or maybe he considers it a warning signpost to innocent users who might otherwise be corrupted by brain-searingly dangerous information, like how well computer chess engines play games against each other.
One wonders if the rest of CCRL members behave as the point man for Rybka. Graham B. is working extra hard to damage that ratings list credibility as an independent group. Even when CEGT and other groups were not initially testing the so-called Ippolit engines, you never saw anyone of them go out of their way to campaign against -- not sure what has happened to our friend the last couple years...
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

thorstenczub

Post by thorstenczub » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:I have to admit to being somewhat flabbergasted. Just 3 days ago I wrote that no one should expect major changes in the computer chess political landscape, and in a mere 72 hours, CEGT and ChessBase have embraced some vague form of sanity.
:roll:
Rybkaforum's moderators seem to be in a mild state of shock,
:lol:
Graham Banks appears to be speechless (CCRL, tear down this wall!),
:D
Michael Diosi is saying "I told you so" (huh?!?!)

Isn't diosi and his boyfriend conkie one of the cloning-internet-police who burn the programmers like hell ?
and I am enjoying a tingly sense of inner satisfaction that there's a little less tyranny in this particular pocket of my life.

There's been no ringing of bells or beating of drums. An account on the CSS forum states that Holger Lieske merely said that no one will be punished anymore for using "them", and that was that. Who knows what caused the turnaround, though. Maybe Harvey will fill us in at some point when the smoke has cleared a bit.
yes. i guess they are all under drugs. smoke pot and enjoy canabis-tea

:mrgreen:

Oh yeah, and in the last 72 hours Rolf has risen from the dead to remind me why I don't like reading Talkchess very much. No sunshine without a little rain, I guess...

Anyhow, congratulations, everyone. Let's see if the sanity sticks.

Jeremy
:geek:

Very good observations jeremy.

sometimes computerchess can be very enjoyable.
i do enjoy it much.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:20 am

Please forward all complaints to Azaad. :P
Attachments
05468f9531a0.png
Photo originally posted by Azaad
05468f9531a0.png (126.65 KiB) Viewed 1352 times

Prima

Post by Prima » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:15 am

LOL.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is hilarious, Kingliveson.

JcMaTe

Post by JcMaTe » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:27 am

Muahahhahahahahhahahha !!!

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:06 pm

This should pretty much cover it. Once again, please forward all complaints to complaintojeremybernstein@openchess.org.
Attachments
cgon600l.jpg.png
cgon600l.jpg.png (133.33 KiB) Viewed 1246 times