Open Letters To ChessBase SYSOPs

General discussion about computer chess...
Harvey Williamson

Re: Open Letters To ChessBase SYSOPs

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Jeremy Bernstein wrote:I actually think Harvey was just fine there. He was expressing some opinions I disagree with and making overarching generalizations with little basis in fact to make his point, but he wasn't hitting people with bans or threatening to do so.
At least no one can call me a Rybka fan boy after reading that chat :-)

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Jeremy Bernstein wrote:I actually think Harvey was just fine there. He was expressing some opinions I disagree with and making overarching generalizations with little basis in fact to make his point, but he wasn't hitting people with bans or threatening to do so.
The Chat also shows that all discussion of Houdini etc is not banned as some have claimed.

Thanks for posting it Kevin!

Marc Greenhaw

Post by Marc Greenhaw » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 am

I agree that he was ok in his chat. I strongly disagree how he went about banning Kevin Frayer. The whole thing was a fluke and how he twisted Kevin's words in order to come up with some lame reason to ban him. Harvey your actions are pathetic.

Marc Greenhaw

Kevin Frayer

Post by Kevin Frayer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:39 am

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
The Chat also shows that all discussion of Houdini etc is not banned as some have claimed.

Thanks for posting it Kevin!
You are welcome Harvey, perhaps we are making progress.

Now that open speech in regards to Houdini is permitted, maybe I will come over and inform players in the engine room that Houdini is not a clone and its American author is not hiding in some internet cafe using anonymous file servers.

“O” I am sorry, I just realized, I can't come over and say that, because my nicks have been banned. Maybe someone else could go to the engine room and see that more than one side of the story is being told.

Now that Harvey has seen the light, I am sure there will be no trouble with that.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:47 am

Discussion has never been banned. Your 1st ban as far as I remember was for racist comments and nothing to do with the clone discussion.

Marc Greenhaw

Post by Marc Greenhaw » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:55 am

Harvey Williamson wrote:Discussion has never been banned. Your 1st ban as far as I remember was for racist comments and nothing to do with the clone discussion.
Harvey, I challenge you to produce one comment or posting on any forum or server in which Mr. Frayer expresses racist comments. This is an outlandish charge you can not back up.

Mr. Frayer was banned from the playchess engine room for posting on an unrelated forum concerns that renamed engines were playing under your watchful eye.