[Poll] Is Ippolit Legal and (or) Ethical To Use/Distribute?

General discussion about computer chess...

What are your views on use/distribution of Ippolit?

Illegal/Unethical
10%
Legal/Unethical
9%
Illegal/Ethical
1%
Legal/Ethical
79%

Total votes: 77

kingliveson

Re: [Poll] Is Ippolit Legal and (or) Ethical To Use/Distribu

Post by kingliveson » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:46 pm

BTO7 wrote:
kingliveson wrote:I wouldn't say it's a low number of votes considering that this forum is brand new. As stated before, this poll is a clone of another from talkchess (before its Rybka acquisition), and just compare the numbers.
Thanks king. Again as gino said time too has played a part but what is clear......is back then ...most thought they were legal and since then the direction of thinking has only gone more so to the legal and ethical. I really think its time to allow them in all rating lists. I can see the rules for a tournament maybe needing a author to sign up but as far as rating lists go this is a completely different animal in which as chess players we are only concerned with what is the best software avail to aid our game.

Respects
BT
I agree with your points regarding testing and tournaments. As for testing, those who supposedly claim to be independent have no excuse. Tournament wise, it's a bit iffy since most require the author to be known -- that is just the rules.

Funny thing, Harvey wrote on another forum that this poll is invalid because this forum was created to support one particular engine. :lol: Wrong again. Just look at the same poll at Rybka forum and compare results. They are the same, but differ in magnitude which could be attributed to what we now know.

PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

BTO7

Re: [Poll] Is Ippolit Legal and (or) Ethical To Use/Distribu

Post by BTO7 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:17 am

Spot on King. Yes i read how they are trying to claim this forum was created for Ippo family. That is just too funny. Again the bullys. Now they are jabbing at Jeremy for being smart enough to get away from all the bull and do the right thing....which was with in his power with this forum. They sound bitter :) Truth hurts.

Regards
BT