DGT and Fritz 11 SE

General discussion about computer chess...
inakito

DGT and Fritz 11 SE

Post by inakito » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Hello everybody.
I am a new owner of a DGT board(USB). This board comes along the Fritz 11 SE software.

The software recognizes the board and is able to detect pieces and moves.
However, from time to time it refuses to recognize a move.
When this happens, in order to make Fritz to recognize the new position again, I need to restart the game, force it to read the current position from board and continuing the game. The DGT clock does display the move correctly so I believe it does not look like a failure in chessboard sensors.

If I use the DGT diagnostics software for checking the board, I can test a lot of moves without any failure.

My, first, conclusion is that it may be something related to Fritz but I may be wrong.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with DGT boards and Fritz software?
Note: my DGT board is the USB version.

Matioupi

Re: DGT and Fritz 11 SE

Post by Matioupi » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 am

Chessbase software are buggy with respect to DGT board use. (Fritz12 last service pack)
I've been in touche with them many times about that, but it seems they don't want to solve the issue (which obviously comes from they're software side).
Many if more users complain...
ITts already a pain when playing the engine, but even more when playing online to have moves that stops being taken into account suddently...

Regards,

inakito

Re: DGT and Fritz 11 SE

Post by inakito » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks for your answer.
In your experience is there any chess software fully compatible with DGT boards ?

Regards.
inakito.