Looking for someone with a DGT eBoard.

General discussion about computer chess...
netxshare

Looking for someone with a DGT eBoard.

Post by netxshare » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:05 am

Hello, I am working on adding support to my ipod app that will allow me to connect a DGT eBoard to the ipod. I currently do not have a DGT eBoard so I am looking for someone who has a DGT eBoard and clock.
I need someone to capture the data from board to pc and pc to board. You can use this software http://www.eterlogic.com/Products.VSPE.html which is free to capture the packets and save them to a file.
I have currently got most of this working by emulating a eBoard with software and sending data to Fritz12, it finds my board and clock is able to load and move pieces. The problem right now is whenever the engine moves no data is sent for
the clock to display the message. If anyone is willing to help me out I will help them out with the data capture process. This would be a huge help to my current project thanks for your time.

hyatt

Re: Looking for someone with a DGT eBoard.

Post by hyatt » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:40 pm

What do you mean "no data is sent for the clock to display..." I have a DGT board. The board has no way to display a move at all, it can only sense which pieces are on which squares, and then once initialized, it will send a move when one is made... But it doesn't display moves at all, not on the board, not on the clock. At least the one I have behaves like that.

netxshare

Re: Looking for someone with a DGT eBoard.

Post by netxshare » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:20 pm

The newer version's with a DGT XL Clock support move announcements on the clock here is a video of it in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw98SiCv ... re=related You must put the clock into mode 23.