Setting Up The New CCC

General discussion about computer chess...
Sean Evans

Setting Up The New CCC

Post by Sean Evans » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Hello group,

Now that the CCC is no longer being subsidized by ICD and shutdown, I would suggest a plan to setup a replacement before ocd-Hyatt tries to take over :D

My suggestion would be a small club dues $5.00 to $25.00 annually. I think is important to be self-supporting with members own contributions to avoid reliance on commercial interests that would interfere in the needed objective nature of the club. There is forum software that allows a range of fee structure options. For instance, non-paying members can only post text, then each tier of payment allows for extra features, such as posting images, PM rights, etc. I like vbadvanced myself 8-)

Comments welcome.

Sean

Fernando

Re: Setting Up The New CCC

Post by Fernando » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 pm

For what?
as that guy said:
Hic Rodas, hic salta.....

Fern

Werner

Post by Werner » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi Fern,
can you please tell me what´s going on with CCC??

best wishes
Werner

hyatt

Post by hyatt » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:35 pm

This has happened in the past. It is not easy to remember when a domain period is running out. You find out when it suddenly re-directs to someplace other than where it should.

I've heard nothing to suggest it won't be back, although it might be tomorrow since Sam or someone will have to notice and figure out who did the original domain name registration...

As for Sean, quoting Forest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does." You don't get your way, you complain...

orgfert

Post by orgfert » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:13 am