Fabien's open letter to the community

General discussion about computer chess...
Terry McCracken

Re: Fabien's open letter to the community

Post by Terry McCracken » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:22 am

Sean Evans wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: Sean are you an unintelligent illiterate?
I see, so if I am reading your posts and forming response sentences with appropriate grammar does that not defeat your illiterate argument?
Terry McCracken wrote:This has nothing to do with you but psychopaths on the internet jump in with both feet and there are several it seems on these computer chess forums.
I see, so you have decided who can and who cannot participate on OpenChess?!
Terry McCracken wrote:I don't have to explain anything to the likes of you.
That is certainly your prerogative; however, if you make posts without sufficient information and support, it defeats your whole argument.
Terry McCracken wrote:Your avatar befits you as well.
Thank you,

Sean Evans

Sean if you want to get into an argument with me, how about in court? You're Canadian, it shouldn't be too hard to sue you in a civil case.

Stalking, harassment, on the internet is illegal.

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 am

Terry McCracken wrote: Sean if you want to get into an argument with me, how about in court? You're Canadian, it shouldn't be too hard to sue you in a civil case. Stalking, harassment, on the internet is illegal.
:D

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:11 am

Sean Evans wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: Sean if you want to get into an argument with me, how about in court? You're Canadian, it shouldn't be too hard to sue you in a civil case. Stalking, harassment, on the internet is illegal.

You think I'm kidding? You think it's a joke?

I've no idea why you waste my time. If you don't understand my reply to Whittington it's your inadequate reading skills.

You only have yourself to blame.

bhandelman

Post by bhandelman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 am

Terry McCracken wrote:

I've no idea why you waste my time. If you don't understand my reply to Whittington it's your inadequate reading skills.

Really? Can you guys take this to private messages or something? I'm pretty sure even in Canada you can't and will not being suing him for whatever, especially based on the content of your previous post. Can we please save this thread for discussion of any further developments about the Fruit/Rybka issue?

Back on topic, it seems the Rybka forums are starting to get nailed with quite a few threads on the subject, you would almost think the place had life. I guess banning discussion of the CEGT list is hurting their street cred. I wonder if we are finally seeing some progress on the Houdini controversy, even if not quite the Ippo* issue. At the very least if CCRL doesn't change it's testing policies pretty soon, it's likely to go the way of the dinosaur.
Benjamin Handelman
ICC/FICS/Playchess - bhandelman

Sean Evans

Post by Sean Evans » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:23 pm

Terry McCracken wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
:D :D

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Sean Evans wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:
Sean Evans wrote:
:D :D

:difus_in_australia

Terry McCracken

Post by Terry McCracken » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:03 pm

bhandelman wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote:

Really? Can you guys take this to private messages or something? I'm pretty sure even in Canada you can't and will not being suing him for whatever, especially based on the content of your previous post. Can we please save this thread for discussion of any further developments about the Fruit/Rybka issue?

Back on topic, it seems the Rybka forums are starting to get nailed with quite a few threads on the subject, you would almost think the place had life. I guess banning discussion of the CEGT list is hurting their street cred. I wonder if we are finally seeing some progress on the Houdini controversy, even if not quite the Ippo* issue. At the very least if CCRL doesn't change it's testing policies pretty soon, it's likely to go the way of the dinosaur.
They don't have to test a software that is all based on Fruit/Rybka. Fabian hopefully will take this matter to civil court. I can't predict his odds on winning but he has a case. I'd like to see this resolved once and for all.

kingliveson

Post by kingliveson » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:25 pm

bhandelman wrote:[...]
Silly is probably the best term to describe Rybka's team approach to the matter. It could be understandable if say links to where you can download these engines they've deemed to be clones were disallowed, but deleting threads and banning customers seem a bit much.

Businesses survive and thrive on certain principles of which a few are, good product/service, good customer service, and good public relations.
For example, when researchers asked customers how far they’d be willing to drive for excellent service , 80 percent said they’d travel four or more miles, and nearly half said they would drive 10 miles or more for the right combination of price, quality and customer service.
PAWN : Knight >> Bishop >> Rook >>Queen

Mike_88

Post by Mike_88 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:38 pm

In the end it seems all chess engines are based on math and numbers.

If you are using the same language, and the same principles, wouldn't the formula and code be the same?

The most notable would be an issue with design. Design has a standard of acceptance for it's application.